Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2010 King Cab 4.0 V6 naturally aspirated Nissan Frontier
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got home and saw this, should I be concerned or will it be okay To ignore?
15906796389879195142296339166133.jpg

·
Registered
Great truck
701 Posts
are you talking about a chip in your windshield? you can take it and get it filled so it doesn't get bigger, hope it doesn't get bigger and do nothing, or get a new windshield.

driving home from buying the wife's car from the dealership, a rock hit the windshield and split it from one side to the other dead in the middle of the glass. I called the dealership to see if they could just swap it out, hoping they would write it off and do it but no-go. the insurance company said its covered but you pay the normal deductible. and the glass place had it for 300 bucks. since the first inspection isn't for two years on a new car, I left it and will get it next month, since its been almost two years.

my truck has one from who knows how long ago that looks like yours. never changes or grows

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you talking about a chip in your windshield? you can take it and get it filled so it doesn't get bigger, hope it doesn't get bigger and do nothing, or get a new windshield.

driving home from buying the wife's car from the dealership, a rock hit the windshield and split it from one side to the other dead in the middle of the glass. I called the dealership to see if they could just swap it out, hoping they would write it off and do it but no-go. the insurance company said its covered but you pay the normal deductible. and the glass place had it for 300 bucks. since the first inspection isn't for two years on a new car, I left it and will get it next month, since its been almost two years.

my truck has one from who knows how long ago that looks like yours. never changes or grows
I'm not worried about the cracks, there are about 100 little nicks in my windshield. The issue is a little lower, it looks like the adhesive from the window is beginning to separate.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I can't really see it. But with any luck one of those 100 cracks will run and cause you to need a new windshield with new adhesive...problem solved! (y)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am sure some one can explain pretty much anything, if they knew what they are supposed to look for.

What is your concern?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I cannot see it but as long as it's not leaking water or air, you are good
Its at the very bottom but I couldn't get a better picture. I haven't noticed anything yet but I also don't know what it was attached too originally which is where most of my concern lies.

·
Registered
958 Posts
As macabre as it sounds, the windshield is designed, in part, to keep an unrestrained passenger inside the vehicle in the event of a collision. Windshield are glued in place. If you think the glue has deteriorated, you can always bring it to a glass shop to have it removed and re-installed. Or replaced.

·
Registered
334 Posts
You're not talking about all the Teflon dots along the base of the windshield are you ? 'Cause I don't see anything else...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

There we go. I lightened up the picture. Its right above the dash.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Is it a soft squishy foam? Pretty sure that is there to try and block sound from the dash from working up and bouncing off the windshield and into your face. Take a tongue depressor and use it to back the foam back into place.

·
Registered
334 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts