Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went camping this past weekend so I figured I should post a pic of the Frontier all loaded up. The camper is 17' 8" and weighs 2435 lbs empty. I would assume that there was about 165 lbs (for easy math) worth of gear and food and whatnot in the trailer. Also, the back of the truck had firewood and some other random stuff. On the roof is 2 Kayaks (about 30 lbs each) and 2 mountain bikes (also about 30 lbs each). Roof racks are Yakima and I have the stock tow package and I installed a trailer brake controller.

All in all the truck handled it very well! There were some pretty good hills to go up and while the truck had to tach up to about 4200-4500 on a few to maintain 55-ish mph, it pulled it all great. I checked my mileage and calced about 11-12 miles per gallon which is about what I expected based on clubfrontier.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Man i wish i didnt live in the city.I hope everything works out in september going to North Carolina to look at houses.Pray to get out of Philly.

·
Registered
178 Posts
looks like u had a lot of fun, here where i live is almost 100 degrees all day/night not so good for camping...

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Nice rig ...

"That's really cool, looks like fun. Also, that seems really light for a camper like that."

I'm kinda thinkin' the same thing. I tow a pop-up and its up in that weight range too, fully loaded, (26 gallons of water, food, booze and fishing equipement and canoe).
I find this truck pulls very well, has really no issues getting up to speed on ramps, and i have absolutely no "camper sway" even at speeds close to 75 mph. My full tank of gas lasted me 268 miles ... I'm a pretty happy friggin' camper.

d-mo

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree that it seems light but thats what is listed on the brochure. Posted on the side of the trailer is a 4200 lbs rating but I believe that is the load that the trailer can hold. The camper is a 1985 Sunline T-1750. Straight from Sunline the weight is 2435. I too was surprised! :)

Also, no camper sway here either.

·
Premium Member
9,748 Posts
great photo,enjoy your trips. One day I too want to buy one.....

Clint

1 - 10 of 10 Posts