Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people want to camp at ocala? I'm debating whether or not im going to camp... if it's only going to be me and 1 or 2 others I'll pass but if we can get atleast 3 or 4 people camping then i'm down.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Im down. You already know that. I know Fl_backpackonwheels has us down to help out with the forest dealings.

·
Registered
367 Posts
heres what should be at the trail meet. Rope (snatch or tug boat) Tools 3/8 rachet kit breaker bar and the sockets for you lugs 6in extenstion or longer flashlight with extra batteries WD-40 or some sort of spray lube Matches a mix of screw drivers. Now with the rope I hope theres atleast 2 ropes out there. Lets have a list of what everybody can bring:)

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
why would you need WD40 for the trail sign help? or a flashlight?

He's asking what tools are needed to help with the forest service trail sign project, not what we need to bring for the trail run/camping.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
^Extra lubricant haha stay away from danny j/k

·
Registered
367 Posts
What in the hell footy who the hell are the fl backpackers on wheels. Did you do any researce on them I can`t find any on them any where and asked a jeep buddy of mine and he has no clue on them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ha Ha, just my user name. The organization I offered to help is the Florida Four Wheel Drive Association who are the caretakers of the Tread Lightly 4wd Way trail in the Ocala National Forest. You can check them out at www.fl4wda.org.

I haven't gotten a reply yet on the offer to help; offered either Saturday or Sunday depending on what was good for them. From looking at pics from previous work they've done, a post hole digger would be useful. I have one and will bring it if they take us up on the offer. I'll PM the dude tomorrow to get a definitive answer.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
^Makes sure to post up so i can see if i can barrow some equipment. If need be.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
^Fl_Backpackonwheels your the man

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just an update, got a message back from the president of FL4WDA thanking us for the offer. He is seeing if other members will be available to help out on the 19th. Should be quick work.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
^Are you hopefully going to make the Meet ?

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
^Ok good cus i need to add u to the list then.

13 Frontiers& Xterra's combined are going to the Ocala/Titan meet. So for those coming, if you could try and lend a hand.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Post hole diggers and a cordless drill is pretty much all the tools you need but a chainsaw is good to have.
I can bring everything you mentioned except a chainsaw. I do have a cordless recip. saw though.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
I can check and see if my uncle has a chainsaw in his garage. I'll check tomorrow.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I meant for the help to be on the 20th if possible. I don't think we will be much help if we don't get there until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Usually things like this go down in the morning.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts