Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup,

I have been camping like crazy on my days off this summer and taking my truck to the mountains every weekend. I went to an area where there was a bad bad forest fire about 7ish years ago. The pictures are of the forest coming back. We are way way ahead on moisture this year in Colorado, which really makes the burn area starting to look green and come back. The truck has been in hi-range for last 2 tanks of gas lol.

Also I did a stream crossing. Nothing to write home about (or on a forum) but still pretty good. Only about 22'' or so deep. It came over the top of my stock 265 70 R 16's by an inch, so however deep that is.

One concern I have about that. On the 2nd Gen's, the exhaust goes from the muffler way up and over the top of my tire, then back down. I assume this is to prevent water from going back in it. What happens if an amount of water goes up into the muffler? Does it just leak / dry out or? (I think its ok)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Few of the forest coming back after the burn. FYI, the forest ranger lady who started this I believe just got out of prison. It was thousands and thousands of acres and is just now opening back up.

YouTube - Frontier in the Water

The link is my wiff driving my truck through the water, its nothing exciting. I took it with a camera, so...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
nice pics! I have tried to get up Pike's peak twice, first time they had already closed by the time we got there and the second time it was closed at the top for the races.

The water should evaporate in the tail pipe once you leave the stream or drain out the weep hole in the factory exhaust. Noting to worry about there. Might want to check your rear differential because the factory breather isn't the greatest setup for water crossings.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
As long as you leave your engine running the exhaust pressure will prevent water from getting too far. Like Mudy said, extend your rear diff. breather tube. Looks like your getting out there pretty good. I was over there for two weeks earlier this summer. You need to come check out Ouray and the yankee boy basin area!

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Nice pic's.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Nice photos.

I think I would roll down the window instead of opening the door. Just me I guess.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So Crawled all around under the rear end of my truck. I do want to make sure the rear diff is ok.

Besides taking off the plug on the back of the diff and checking, any other signs I would notice if I had water/muk in the diff? Like driving, noises, skretching...etc.

I have been tweaking that truck a lot all over constantly, a lot of times I have my rear tire a few inches to feet off the ground. Some of the suspension is making some noise, just squeeks here and there, nothing scary. I feel that is due to just needing the under carriage lubed up, been in a lot of water/dust.

I was thinking of just taking it into Nissan and telling them to "lube it up, and change my diff fluid" and see if I can get it done under warranty. Of course I would change my verbage and associate it to normal street driving where I live.

any thoughts would be appreciated.

*I think we're allowed to thread jack ourself lol*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts