Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my fronty 05 se does not have camber bolts installed if i install in 2' spacer and a block in the rear how much will my camber be changed will camber be out of spec i know the majority of the time on yotas a 2 inch spacer usually will not cause ur camber to be out of spec i just want to ur guys experince with this befor i buy.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Ide like to know where you found a 2 foot spacer!!!!!:laugh:

·
Registered
148 Posts
When I called PRG to inquire about camber bolts they led me to believe that adjustable camber bolts would not be necessary with a mini lift (2" front spacer and 1.5" rear blocks) in most cases.

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
I added a 2.5 prg lift in mine. Did not need adjustable camber bolts. In fact I got them, and the aligmenet shop did not make any adjustments. Took a look at the spec sheet and the spec range for camber on our trucks is out to positive 1. I took it back to the shop and made them set me up at 0 camber. I will do a home aligment soon.

So to answer your questions: NO need for the bolts, in most cases. Your might be a little different or messed up. You do however need to adjust your toe.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I added a 2.5 prg lift in mine. Did not need adjustable camber bolts. In fact I got them, and the aligmenet shop did not make any adjustments. Took a look at the spec sheet and the spec range for camber on our trucks is out to positive 1. I took it back to the shop and made them set me up at 0 camber. I will do a home aligment soon.

So to answer your questions: NO need for the bolts, in most cases. Your might be a little different or messed up. You do however need to adjust your toe.

Cheers
^I'd like to know how they did that...

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
If You Have Small Headed Bolts You Can Jack Up Truck And Move In Slots Of Frame. If Large Heads You Can Grind Them, But At $50-60 A Set Why Be A Cheap Azzed Btard. It Alot Harder To Do The Alignment And Not As Accurate Cause You May Or Maynot Get The Suspension Settled Without Bushing Preload If You Dont Know What Your Doing. If Someone Asked Me To Do That For Them Ide Send Them Down The Road To Bubbas Grease Rack.
Hell Ive Put The Bolts In For Free, And Then Done The Alignment, It Doesnt Take 5 Minutes To Put The Bolts In

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Ahhh... grind a edge into the "washer"!
+1 on just installing a new set since the bolts are loose/out to hack on em'.

thx Brutal.

add/edit: I guess it's o.k if you're just gonna go "max outward/max into oil pan" type of thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts