Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a 2009 LE long bed with 1.5" spacers on the front and 5.5 in shackles (bolt to bolt) on the back (I don't know how big stock shackles are, so I don't know how big the lift is on the back). I recently got new tires (275, 70R18). As they were doing the alignment, tech said he was having trouble getting the camber to where he wanted. The final readout is 0.5/1.0 (FL/FR) on the camber. This is within spec range, but he said with the spacers on the front he likes to go further negative camber because the tires still appear tipped out to the eye at current setting. But he said the camber bolts installed were slipping and he couldn't get any more negative. He said they appeared to be aftermarket bolts, and if I could get a set of stock adjustable camber bolts he'd put them in for me and get the negative camber I needed.

So, my question is, has anyone else seen this issue with aftermarket bolts? What are the recommended bolts to get the desired camber? Also, what alignment numbers do guys shoot for with these lifts? (Please keep in mind I am a novice on issues like this.) Thx

·
Premium Member
5,748 Posts
While I haven't seen it, I have heard of it.

With that said, you may or may not be able to get more camber with the OEM bolts while still using oem upper control arms. When I had a 2.5" spacer lift on my truck I had camber issues.

On my current setup I picked up a set of SPC Camber bolts and was pleased with their quality. If your current bolts are "slipping" I would assume only one of the eccentric washers holds the bolt. The SPC's both washers fit the flat on the bolt.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks other Sean. I have heard the stock UCAs can be problematic for camber once you've lifted. Is it recommended to get new UCAs? What is your current setup?

·
Premium Member
5,748 Posts
Many of the aftermarket arms have additional adjustment for caster and camber, so it's never a bad idea. I always felt the truck cornered horribly with my previous suspension setup.

Current setup is the Titan/tundra/4runner hybrid swap with SPC uppers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts