Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Camber crisis!

4K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  BRUTAL 
#1 ·
hey guys i just got back from the dealership a few hours ago and talked with them about camber bolts. after my 3in spacer lift my alignment is horrid and need camber bolts to realign the front end.

they wanted 149.89 for 4 of these bolts and 4 washers! this is insane!

what gives?

#2 ·
are they putting them in?

#3 ·
I just ordered a set from PRG for $55 shipped.

#6 ·
and you can put them in yourself easy, and then get an alignment done

#7 ·
Just make your own like I did. Grind down one side of the washers and reinstall. Install the rear bolts so they push the lower control arm outward (flat side outward). Then install the front so they push the control arm inward (flat side inward)which in turn pushes it forward. Take to an alignment shop and tell them to adjust toe in only. Read Brutals thread on alignment to get a better understanding...

#12 ·
ya if you could post thos pics this weekend that would be great. i am having the same issue with mine. i just installed my 3" spacer about a week ago but i ordered my rims and tires and they should be here any day now. i just dont want to mess up the new tires. do you think that the alignment place would grind down the washers for me??

#10 ·
Did you mention the service Bulletin?...they should be covered if ur under basic warranty, all you have to buy is the alignment, and they install the bolts

#11 ·
technically, the TSB applies only if they cant align the truck with the fixed bolts. even if it does apply, the customer has to pay for the parts and the dealer covers the labor

#13 ·
bigriver....you have that all wrong...if the bulletin still applies to the vehicle, nissan warranty pays the parts and labor.... that bulletin states the customer buys the alignment and warranty pays for new bolts and washers and the install.

#14 ·
So if I install my 3" lift and take it to the dealership for the alignment they will install the bolts without charge? I could see this if they couldn't get it aligned in stock form, but if the alignment issue is caused by the lift I would doubt it.

#15 ·
At the dealership they will tack on whatever charges they can. I doubt they will install anything for free.

In the past, i questioned them about voiding warrenty. They said that if you modify the suspension, the warrenty on the suspension. but by modifying the suspension you wont void the warrenty on unrelated parts(i.e. engine). So since you altered the suspension, which affects the camber i doubt you will get anytype of deal for installation.

my .02 $

#16 ·
depends on your dealership too. I complained about the alignment when I bought my truck back in 06 when it was new. I got the bolts and an alignment for free.

#17 ·
it also does depend on the dealership, if you have an honest, mod friendly dealership around they should do it no problem. i know you guys think they dont exist, lol, but they do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.