Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking under my new 2017 SV 4x4 today and noticed camber bolts. I thought this stopped years ago? Is this a new thing they are doing now? Unless I'm just dumb and forgot what they look like.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Correct, my '05 had them. Wish I'd have looked/known that before I bought new ones for the spacer/level kit I bought!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will have to double check my 16 SV just to see...
Post what you find. That's why I wanted to post it, I'm compiling parts for a spacer lift and I thought I would have to order camber bolts. If this is a new thing then we won't have to worry about them.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
may have found a box of old stock they wanted to use up.

Reactions: Passivaggressor

·
Premium Member
12,118 Posts
the first thing you should do is remove and add anti seize to those bolts and sleeves.
seize city after just a few short years.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
My 2015 P4X Xterra does not have them from the factory but I am about to add them to move the wheels forward and hopefully eliminate rubbing with my 285s.

Can these be easily installed at home? I'd rather not pay a tech who is used to the computer doing the alignment to install them....

Thanks for the anti seize tip Andy.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My 2015 P4X Xterra does not have them from the factory but I am about to add them to move the wheels forward and hopefully eliminate rubbing with my 285s.

Can these be easily installed at home? I'd rather not pay a tech who is used to the computer doing the alignment to install them....

Thanks for the anti seize tip Andy.
They should be easy as long as your bolts aren't seized. I've been seeing people on the forum saying they had to cut their bolts off to change them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
brian, yours will be easy, there isn't rust on your rig.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
brian, yours will be easy, there isn't rust on your rig.
Fixed that for ya'....

I sprayed the LCA bolts down with PB Blaster today and will hit them again before trying to change them out tomorrow. I also sprayed the spring seats and lock nuts on my coil overs in preparation for a height adjustment as I am about 1 inch higher in the rear right now.

I have an appt for an alignment on thu morning, so I want to get these 2 changes completed beforehand.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I stopped by my dealer Monday to check if they had them. The parts guys looked them up under my year (2016) and it listed the adjustable bolts in the schematic. I ended up buying all four bolts, eccentric washers and nuts for $120 and change in preparation for my OME coils and shocks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fixed that for ya'....

I sprayed the LCA bolts down with PB Blaster today and will hit them again before trying to change them out tomorrow. I also sprayed the spring seats and lock nuts on my coil overs in preparation for a height adjustment as I am about 1 inch higher in the rear right now.

I have an appt for an alignment on thu morning, so I want to get these 2 changes completed beforehand.
I stopped by my dealer Monday to check if they had them. The parts guys looked them up under my year (2016) and it listed the adjustable bolts in the schematic. I ended up buying all four bolts, eccentric washers and nuts for $120 and change in preparation for my OME coils and shocks.
Hopefully both of you guys will have no problems.

·
Registered
6,578 Posts
Fixed that for ya'....

You should not expect the alignment tech to touch the camber bolts. Per computer the only spec they align for is toe. Set to max camber and caster and let the tech set the toe. If they are nice(or you ask them) they might make some tweaks so that the right and left side caster are the same.

I hate alignment shops.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
You should not expect the alignment tech to touch the camber bolts. Per computer the only spec they align for is toe. Set to max camber and caster and let the tech set the toe. If they are nice(or you ask them) they might make some tweaks so that the right and left side caster are the same.

I hate alignment shops.
I ended up putting back the 1 stock bolt that I removed after struggling to get the LCA back into the mount. TruckIt recommended inserting the new cam bolt into the hole before fully removing the stock bolt (DUH!) but I had already gently tapped the bolt out and when it came free the LCA shifted and I had a real tough time getting it back in place. By then I was pretty much over it.....

Then I adjusted the coil overs to bring the front up and that went much better! My C/Os were still at the same height that they were set at for my Frontier. On the X the passenger side was about 3/8" lower than the drivers side, so I corrected that and brought the front end up about 3/4". The front end is now equal height and is only 1/4" lower than the rear, which will be perfect for the load I usually carry off road. At this height the rubbing I was experiencing seems to be a little less noticeable but I am still going to ask for as much positive caster as possible when I get my alignment done tomorrow.

I used PB Blaster for the first time during this process and I am really impressed by how well it works. The coil over adjuster had been in the same place for about 7 years and the last time I tried to move them they would not budge. After spraying them with PB Blaster last night, I was able to break the lock nut loose easily and the spring seats moved freely.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts