Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals!
I am going to install a rough country 2 1/2 inch spacer lift, but I hear the camber bolt
kit they have sucks! (One washer)
So I’m going to get the “Moog kit”
Which has eccentric washers on both ends!
My question is… What is the best way to install those. Before the lift? Or after? And maybe one at a time? (So it’s easy to get into the hole)

I assume that’s jacked up with full weight droop or just tires just touching the ground?

Any advice welcomed,
thanks Rick.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,839 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
I had bought the Nissan camber bolts for mine but the washers weren't quite as large as the PRG camber bolts and didn't give me enough adjustment as the PRG bolts did. So I went with the PRG camber bolts.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I had bought the Nissan camber bolts for mine but the washers weren't quite as large as the PRG camber bolts and didn't give me enough adjustment as the PRG bolts did. So I went with the PRG camber bolts.

The washers are larger??? I almost brought the PRG ones but don't understand what you mean about larger? the thickness of the washer that makes no difference in adjustment of cam/caster bolt on the your arms I can see offsetting the bolt further on washer that would give more +/- adjustment. So I am guessing you mean diameter if that's right how did you fit them inside the keepers(frame indents) just like to know Thanks

I brought the Nissan ones just thought they gave most accurate measurement that you could match up if you need to do any future work without hassle. Plus they have a decent groove cut into bolt with matching tang on opposite washer so it pretty straight forward and matching increment lines on the outside faces of each washer

SilverBandito good luck getting the rear ones out but I would do it with no load so when your doing the kit would be best in my opinion but what do I know just that's when I did the front ones on mine now I just got to cut the rear bolt and either burn out the bushings an replace with a poly or try an press out then in a new one which doesn't look like most do as a replacement bushing is $25plus compared to an a arm that can be had from rock for like $70 with a new ball joint an all. I didn't see anyone mention this an don't know where you live but if you are lucky enough to get them all out remember to lather them up with some anti seize compound where they slides inside bushing on the arms there's a steel insert within the bushing or you'll be like mine were and seized in there

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Luckily in Cali, however the truck lived the first few years in Maryland
Cant remember if they salt there or not (when i was a trucker) I did 48 states. The Nissan looks pretty clean underneath though, just surface rust on the unpainted surfaces. Liquid wrench and Never-seize are my best friends though!

·
Registered
434 Posts

The washers are larger??? I almost brought the PRG ones but don't understand what you mean about larger? the thickness of the washer that makes no difference in adjustment of cam/caster bolt on the your arms I can see offsetting the bolt further on washer that would give more +/- adjustment. So I am guessing you mean diameter if that's right how did you fit them inside the keepers(frame indents) just like to know Thanks

I brought the Nissan ones just thought they gave most accurate measurement that you could match up if you need to do any future work without hassle. Plus they have a decent groove cut into bolt with matching tang on opposite washer so it pretty straight forward and matching increment lines on the outside faces of each washer

SilverBandito good luck getting the rear ones out but I would do it with no load so when your doing the kit would be best in my opinion but what do I know just that's when I did the front ones on mine now I just got to cut the rear bolt and either burn out the bushings an replace with a poly or try an press out then in a new one which doesn't look like most do as a replacement bushing is $25plus compared to an a arm that can be had from rock for like $70 with a new ball joint an all. I didn't see anyone mention this an don't know where you live but if you are lucky enough to get them all out remember to lather them up with some anti seize compound where they slides inside bushing on the arms there's a steel insert within the bushing or you'll be like mine were and seized in there

Sorry I wasn't clear on the (Larger) camber bolts. The Washer was actually larger in diameter that the Nissan bolts were and completely filled the gap for the adjustment while the Nissan camber bolts (Washers) had some slight space. It probably doesn't matter now since it has been so long since the last posting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts