Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 LE with 35K miles. Went in for oil change and alignment today. The rep informed me that I need to add cam bolt kit because they could not completely adjust camber...it was to the full manufacturing specs but still off a 1/2 degree.

I dont really understand why you would need to add bolts...he made it sound normal, which begs the question, why doesnt nissan adjust specs accordingly. I dont recall ever doing this on any other vehicle i have owned. Sounds to me like i should have just ordered them along with my window tint at time of purchase.

My knowledge of cars is limited and only gets worse when you talk about suspension. I am just trying to get a better understanding of what I paid for today. thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
572 Posts
so your truck is stock and needs cam bolts? yea they stopped putting cam bolts on our trucks after 05 sucks..

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
My truck was out of alignment, and I took it to Nissan. They put in the bolts to align it and didn't charge me. /shurg

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have an 07 and needed to add cam bolts to mine. Sounds silly but true. I called Greg (PRG) and cam bolts arrived in the mail box 2-3 days later. If you are stock. I would insist dealer install cam bolts.

·
Registered
985 Posts
+1. Should be a dealer prob, not owner prob.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the replies...helpful in understanding issue of what bolts...not sure why nissan stopped including.
Yes...2007 with 35K. I just dont get why several have had it performed for free and i was charged around 200 parts and labor. those who got for free was it in first 1yr/12K? I feel violated! my experience is dealers only do things for free if they get called out on a screw up (i was refunded a 500 service charge once) or can pass on to manufacturer. Before i fire off a letter, can anyone shed light...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts