Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the installation of my Calmini UCAs i was unable to align my my front end to 0 degrees, as most of you have had te same problem. If I switch back to my Factory UCAs, will I still be able to lift my front end as high as if I were to keep the Calmini UCAs? Thanks yall.

·
Registered
278 Posts
How close to 0 do you get? You will NOT be able to get the same lift out of the stock UCAs that you have with the calminis. This is do to length of the UCA. The calminis are longer then the stockers to allow for the balljoint angles to stay within factory spec.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
How close to 0 do you get? You will NOT be able to get the same lift out of the stock UCAs that you have with the calminis. This is do to length of the UCA. The calminis are longer then the stockers to allow for the balljoint angles to stay within factory spec.
this is actually incorrect, all aftermarket UCAs are the same length... they just have a much better angle set for the balljoint and have the bumpstop plate higher up to allow for more droop/cranking

this explains why usually you still cant get a chamber of zero with them

a person on n4w set them side by side and then measured them, same length... it be messing the geometry up bad if you lengthen the upper arms.. just think what would happen when they would go into compression

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I should NOT switch back to my factory UCA's so I can get a perfect alignment?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
can the factory arms be modified to resemble calmini arms?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Don’t think so, I know u can get low bump stops for the stock arms, but that will NOT get u over 2 in. even if u crank it to 2 in with stock it might ride like s**t…

1 - 7 of 7 Posts