Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 nismo KC and lookin for a lift. I do a lot of off roading up in VT and I have many dents in my skidplates. I also had to change my muffler and replaced it with a Flowmaster 40 series. sounds mad nice. anywayz I'm lookin for a suspension lift kit. Which one is better? I'm planning to get a lift towards the end of the summer so goin to look around too. does anyone know if the coilover spring by PRG be ready by the end of summer?? Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
How much lift are you wanting to get? There are some a full suspension lift kits that'll be ready soon and will give you around 5"s of lift. SLR has a 5" kit thats out and ready but it isn't cheap ($3599). Its a really nice kit with KING coilovers. I have some pics and the full specs on the lift on my computer at work. Here is a link to their web site but the lift isn't listed on there.

http://www.spencerlowracing.com/products/

If you just want the cheap and simple spacer/coil/block/shackle/add-a-leaf lift then I'd either go with PRG or AC 4x4. I just put the Calmini spacer/block lift on my 05 and it didn't give the ammount of lift I thought it would. I've seen pics of other trucks with the PRG lift and they looked to be about a inch high in the front.

Steven

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like 2-3 inches. I think the stock clearance is up to 10 inches. i would like to have a foot of ground clearance. I would like to run 33's too..

·
Registered
261 Posts
I got about 2 inches from the ac lift and am running 33's you will have to remove the mud flaps though. Also I am going to do some testing with the ac lift as well as running prg lift with the new uca. If all works out I will get about 4 to 4.5 lift over stock

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
my05 said:
I got about 2 inches from the ac lift and am running 33's you will have to remove the mud flaps though. Also I am going to do some testing with the ac lift as well as running prg lift with the new uca. If all works out I will get about 4 to 4.5 lift over stock
my thoughts exactly. though i talked to greg and he said it would be very hard to get more than 3" out of the Frontier without going with a drop down kit like Calmini and SLRs 5" kit

·
Registered
120 Posts
my05, what version of the AC4x4 kit did you install? coils up front, AAL or shackle in rear and did you opt. for the shocks offered(Bilstein/Rancho)??

Would the shackle or the AAL offer the same amount of lift for the rear?

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
MY AC lift with spring /shackles and Bilstein 5100 shipped yesterday and is do to arrive fri so it will be on fri night or sat morning

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Jeff024 said:
MY AC lift with spring /shackles and Bilstein 5100 shipped yesterday and is do to arrive fri so it will be on fri night or sat morning
I hopefully I will get mine in at the same time. Let me know if you test them out. :D

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
tires might have to wait a few more weeks as the trucks only 2 weeks old today and my wife aint having it she was pissed about the lift already

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
I just got My PRG 2.5" kit today and It will be going on Friday June 30th w/ 1.5 rear blocks. I wd do it this weekend but My wife and I are going to Whistler, Canada near Vancouver in British Colombia for almost a week. VACATION LONG OVERDUE!!

Also I will be ordering the Upper control arms from Greg/PRG for Christmas!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have a 2.5" Calmini kit on my 06 cc and My 33" x 11" tires on stock rims dont rub at all w/ no trimming the key is to order the 2wd front spacers because they are actually about an inch taller then the 4wd version but the upper control arm does hit the spring bucket at full droop. I wheel my truck pretty hard and have observed only slight scratching on the bucket. Calmini says you can trim the bucket but I HIGHLY suggest not doing that.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hi there LFD270BEN

I was wondering if you could give me the measurement of the 2wd spacer you put in I installed the 4wd 2.5" calmini kit but the fronts to low, it would be interesting to know the size diference of the two kits and why they sell two 2.5" kits that give diferent lifts. My A arms make contact with the coil buckets by just going over a speed bump at the mall. I am going to by the AC kit with uca and add a leaf with rancho shocks soon but like the front coils to remain stock so i will machine my own spacers to get the lift I want in the front I will also be leaving in the calmini leveling shackles at the rear.

Regards
Peter

1 - 13 of 13 Posts