Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
MOD & Token MINI Owner
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is link if anyone is interested for the new Calmini stuff.

http://www.purenissan.com/2005_frontier.htm

Unfortunatly most of the stuff for the 4wd is not shipping but is ready for pre-order. And the 5" lift is not released either :evil:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Sorry, but blocks, shackles and spacers aren't a lift. Just trouble waiting to happen.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just dont understand...

The 5" lift to be released soon was suppose to be months ago. I have called and asked and they still are stalling.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
StormNISMO, thanks for the link.
Outlaner, I not a fan of blocks but they still are a part of most lifts. Why do you not like the shackles and spacers? I think shackles is a good choice for the rear. :?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Do you think the calmini 2.5 lifts might have the same problems with PRG 2.5 lift of the a-arms banging over speed bumps and what not. From the pictures it looks essentially the same to me and might have the same problems. I think ill be on the safe side and get PRG 2" lift and then when his A-arms come out, i'll just add it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
mike said:
Outlaner, I not a fan of blocks but they still are a part of most lifts. Why do you not like the shackles and spacers? I think shackles is a good choice for the rear. :?
Spacer is just another name for block.

Shackles allow side to side flex not intended for drivetrains. Have you ever seen what happens when one tire grabs and the other doesn't and rips a shackle clean off the frame?? The shackle allows for a different torque equation that can rip a bolt right out of the frame. The only thing worse than shackles are blocks. And we all know what they can do.

Yes, for what is available, we don't have that much of a choice right now. I will wait until someone, somewhere makes a real suspension lift with the correct type of parts. It is possible that I might have to wait the rest of my life. If that occurs, I will trade my Fronty in for a Titan and take the loss of money.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
What a negative guy outlander.. the 5 inch gave me no problems and i live in hawaii and fish pretty much every day on BAD GROUNDS.... ITs a cheap and good way to go and upgradeable parts are there to make the kit last longer.. Only one guy broke something from the 5 inch but i do more offroad then him and it works perfect for me.... You say it can rip bolts off, only if you driving like a **** ***... and of course i don't.. i guess u have to trade ur fronty in for the titan..

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
outlnder said:
Sorry, but blocks, shackles and spacers aren't a lift. Just trouble waiting to happen.
sorry guys but calmini is trouble waiting to happen, just check out my threads on my probs with bumper, Donahue-hasnt even gotten his yet, just do some research on the threads here about calmini and you'll find most dont have a good experience with them.

chinaman said:
Do you think the calmini 2.5 lifts might have the same problems with PRG 2.5 lift of the a-arms banging over speed bumps and what not. From the pictures it looks essentially the same to me and might have the same problems. I think ill be on the safe side and get PRG 2" lift and then when his A-arms come out, i'll just add it.
you will have the same prob-only way to get around it or minimize it tc uca's-and even then im positive at full droop you will still hit coilbucket just wont hit as much while driving but at full droop offroading i guarantee they still hit but the urethane bumpstop is on the tc uca which helps it and you dont hear it hit.

outlnder said:
Spacer is just another name for block.

Shackles allow side to side flex not intended for drivetrains. Have you ever seen what happens when one tire grabs and the other doesn't and rips a shackle clean off the frame?? The shackle allows for a different torque equation that can rip a bolt right out of the frame. The only thing worse than shackles are blocks. And we all know what they can do.

Yes, for what is available, we don't have that much of a choice right now. I will wait until someone, somewhere makes a real suspension lift with the correct type of parts. It is possible that I might have to wait the rest of my life. If that occurs, I will trade my Fronty in for a Titan and take the loss of money.
absolutely blocks are worse, and ac has a three inch leaf pack...........to me that is the best option out there for our truck. that is what i will do when i get the money with a three inch coilover lift up front. but i would have to disagree with you on the shackle thing ripping a bolt off the frame-if thats what youve seen before ill bet that person had more probs than just a tire grabbing cause the shackle failure............??? that doesnt make much sense-if thats the case then our stock shackles would have failed me already............................when locked no way to have that happen cause both tires are turning at the same rate and with open diffs or lsd that wont happen either because of the power transfer to the tire with less traction. not sayin it cant happen but i find it hard to believe?????? would love to see pics or vid of that happening to somebody. they didnt install the shackles right or there was another prob going on??????????????????

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
toyniss said:
sorry guys but calmini is trouble waiting to happen, just check out my threads on my probs with bumper, Donahue-hasnt even gotten his yet, just do some research on the threads here about calmini and you'll find most dont have a good experience with them.
on the 2nd gen frontiers there is ONE person that has had problems and it's not been pin-pointed being calmini's fault. (now chances are... it might be the lift)

the number one problem with calmini is the customer service... THAT actually has NOTHING to do with the mechanics of the lift... just the people on the other end of the phone...

if your going to base your opinion off of ONE truck then you better sell yours because i know MULTIPLE trucks that has had problems from the factory... if one trucks lift kit mishaps turns you off on the kit... then why are you driving a frontier when there is a thread out there that talks about how many things have gone wrong with the stock 2nd gen frontier from the FACTORY??

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Johnnyman88 said:
What a negative guy outlander.. the 5 inch gave me no problems and i live in hawaii and fish pretty much every day on BAD GROUNDS.... ITs a cheap and good way to go and upgradeable parts are there to make the kit last longer.. Only one guy broke something from the 5 inch but i do more offroad then him and it works perfect for me.... You say it can rip bolts off, only if you driving like a **** ***... and of course i don't.. i guess u have to trade ur fronty in for the titan..
yeah frontin40, blew his balljoints but he's two wheel drive. interesting............. i want to see long term offroading with this lift. need to see others out there with the lift and then make a fair assumption on if the lift caused his premature failure>?

NISM05 said:
on the 2nd gen frontiers there is ONE person that has had problems and it's not been pin-pointed being calmini's fault. (now chances are... it might be the lift)

the number one problem with calmini is the customer service... THAT actually has NOTHING to do with the mechanics of the lift... just the people on the other end of the phone...

if your going to base your opinion off of ONE truck then you better sell yours because i know MULTIPLE trucks that has had problems from the factory... if one trucks lift kit mishaps turns you off on the kit... then why are you driving a frontier when there is a thread out there that talks about how many things have gone wrong with the stock 2nd gen frontier from the FACTORY??
not talking about just the lift, im talking about me and others on here with probs with there other products.................. i know of peeps with suzuki products/ hardbody products that are not happy with them........... people with the sas and say they wouldnt buy from them again.......

NISM05 said:

take your panties off.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
just read outlanders post... "rips the bolt out of the fram".. id love to see this happen. i know for sure this will never happen on my vehicles, and you can assume how i drive.. im about to turn 19! regardless blocks=lift good or bad. thanks for the link!! they better get my darn rear brake lines sent out already! i wanna get some custom leaf packs made!!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
shinermiller said:
just read outlanders post... "rips the bolt out of the fram".. id love to see this happen. i know for sure this will never happen on my vehicles, and you can assume how i drive.. im about to turn 19! regardless blocks=lift good or bad. thanks for the link!! they better get my darn rear brake lines sent out already! i wanna get some custom leaf packs made!!
thats what im saying dude......... read my post............?:thatswck:

and yo nismo05, i know about our trucks other probs. ive had my truck for almost a year now.................................. i was refering to calmini's others prods................ and if you read the other thread like i said you'd know what im talking about?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
toyniss said:
take your panties off.
sure thing! HEY, my mother is a nurse too! you two would get along GREAT!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
oh, and ill bet money that the lift is what caused premature failure of balljoints.................. but i would have to see the angles when flexed, but like i said before a drop bracket lift changes factory suspension specs so it doesnt suprised me that someone would have probs with the lift and until there are more out there that wheel with that lift no way to tell for sure.

NISM05 said:
sure thing! HEY, my mother is a nurse too! you two would get along GREAT!
only if your mom is hot and likes younger guys..................:laugh: :laugh:

dude, sorry about that comment...................................
just saying that there are others out there not happy with there others prods.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
toyniss said:
oh, and ill bet money that the lift is what caused premature failure of balljoints.................. but i would have to see the angles when flexed, but like i said before a drop bracket lift changes factory suspension specs so it doesnt suprised me that someone would have probs with the lift and until there are more out there that wheel with that lift no way to tell for sure.
i agree... the lift probably caused the problem... i just thought you were talking about the CAL 5" and basing everything off of frontin40...

toyniss said:

only if your mom is hot and likes younger guys..................:laugh: :laugh:

dude, sorry about that comment...................................
just saying that there are others out there not happy with there others prods.
good rebuttle!!! HAHA!

my bad dude... SORRY! Just thought it was all based off of frontin...

·
Registered
686 Posts
toyniss said:
oh, and ill bet money that the lift is what caused premature failure of balljoints.................. but i would have to see the angles when flexed, but like i said before a drop bracket lift changes factory suspension specs
I believe that no matter what product you research you will find people who have had bad experiences. People very rarely talk about the good things they seem to dwell on the bad. A drop bracket lift should actually keep the geometry closer to stock than a spacer or coil over lift. If you drop the lower control arm the same distance that you lengthen the spindle the angles will be the same as stock. The calmini lift should put no more load on the upper ball joint than any other lift. They don't move the coil bucket so the control arm angle can't be any more extreme than with a spacer lift. The limiting factor on droop will still be the coil bucket. Please quit saying that a drop bracket lift changes the geometry. If done correctly it will not.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
super6turbo4 said:
I believe that no matter what product you research you will find people who have had bad experiences. People very rarely talk about the good things they seem to dwell on the bad. A drop bracket lift should actually keep the geometry closer to stock than a spacer or coil over lift. If you drop the lower control arm the same distance that you lengthen the spindle the angles will be the same as stock. The calmini lift should put no more load on the upper ball joint than any other lift. They don't move the coil bucket so the control arm angle can't be any more extreme than with a spacer lift. The limiting factor on droop will still be the coil bucket. Please quit saying that a drop bracket lift changes the geometry. If done correctly it will not.
well you think it doesnt change geometry but id bet it does...............those things arent made the exact same as factory...........so no matter how much you think its the same i think its not, i could guarantee its off from factory-maybe not by much at all, but think what you want...............we are entitled to our opinion. let me ask you this then why do you think tires wear unevenly or at a more aggressive rate with lifts? especially drop lifts? because things like alignment are change and im sure they dont get back to specs as factory.

·
Registered
969 Posts
with drop down bracket lifts the geometry stays the same, hence the need for the longer spindle and the giant coilover spacer. the upper and lower arms are in the same angle as stock, there is simply more space in between them. if a drop down bracket lift is aligned properly, then you will not have any tire wear issues different than stock. they give stockish travel, they are more for looks not performance.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
okay guys i see that frontin40 had got a call from calmini and i am probably wrong about the lift .................... **** off.......

toyniss said:
okay guys i see that frontin40 had got a call from calmini and i am prob wrong.................... **** off.......
j/k..:laugh:

take it easy on me turbo pathy..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts