Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
California Residents that own Frontiers from 2014-2018 How much did you pay to Renew your Tags ?

I just Paid 403.00

Registration Fee: $136.00
License Fee: $157.00
Weight Fee:$80
Special Plate Fee: $0
County/District Fees:$10.00
Owner Responsibility Fee:$0
Smog Abatement Fee:$20.00

Now saying if I missed paying my Tags till after March ,30th Penalty is $194.00 making my Tags $605.00 :surprise:

Robbery seriously who else wants to share being held by Gunpoint by the DMV lol anyone any State not just California share your Tags cost

·
Registered
2016 Frontier SV 4x4 Crew Cab
1,100 Posts
Wow I assume this is yearly? I thought WA was a ripoff it was around $150/yr

actually i just looked it up, it was only $81 last year, i moved further away from seattle, it depends on where you live in the state.

·
Registered
378 Posts
California Residents that own Frontiers from 2014-2018 How much did you pay to Renew your Tags ?

I just Paid 403.00

Now saying if I missed paying my Tags till after March ,30th Penalty is $194.00 making my Tags $605.00 :surprise:

Robbery seriously who else wants to share being held by Gunpoint by the DMV lol anyone any State not just California share your Tags cost
Texas, mine was $74.50 (Total) last week, for my 2017 SV 4x4

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ive often had 300-250 in NC. So ive gone a year and a half before with expired tags. Partly because i was on out of state for most of it. Im looking for somewhere i can register my truck and not need to renew it again or at least not need an inspection every year. The exhaust gets me every other year.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,895 Posts
It’s not a fee, it’s a tax.
That’s just a game they play with the people.
As for people registering vehicles in other states to circumvent their state laws, there are many ways they address that, here in NJ they tell you clear as day you have 30 days once living here to plate the vehicle here, now that it’s posted they will go back in time and fine you out of much money especially the part of insurance fraud.
I’m surprised the good people in California haven’t risen up and said enough already.

Clint

·
Registered
779 Posts
I’m surprised the good people in California haven’t risen up and said enough already.

Clint
I think it just went up to $51.50 in WV. And, yes, it's a tax, not a fee.

BTW, in California property taxes are limited to 1 percent of property value, and don't go up unless you sell or improve your house. What are you property taxes in NJ? The difference will pay for a lot of California Frontier registrations. They get you one way or another. The good people of NJ have risen up, and they are leaving the state.

Vic

·
Super Moderator
11,895 Posts
I think it just went up to $51.50 in WV. And, yes, it's a tax, not a fee.

BTW, in California property taxes are limited to 1 percent of property value, and don't go up unless you sell or improve your house. What are you property taxes in NJ? The difference will pay for a lot of California Frontier registrations. They get you one way or another. The good people of NJ have risen up, and they are leaving the state.

Vic
My property taxes are $18,700 a year, it is long past time to move, if I had a mortgage still still it would be unbearable. It’s not pleasant without one either.
My registration is $99

Clint

·
Registered
351 Posts
I think mine was $73 in Texas

·
Registered
994 Posts

I just Paid 403.00

lol WTF is this for real? WTF is a license fee? weight fee? really?? Why do you guys continue to stay in that **** hole of a state? seriously! I get its beautiful and the weather is great but the state has changed and I couldn't even imagine paying 80 bucks a year for tag renewal, let along 400 bucks!

I also don't live in some unpopular city in Kansas, I live in the 3rd lagest state now in the second largest county in South Florida!

·
Registered
110 Posts
My Colorado tag renewal was $82.67, not bad, but over the last few years it has started to go up. A lot of the people leaving California are moving to Colorado. We have a saying here "Don't Californicate Colorado" but it is not working. Ten years ago I bought a new house 2,200 sq.ft. for $242k. Today on the market it would sell for $410k. Where will it end...

·
Registered
34 Posts
$296.71 in Montana. We don't have a lot of taxes, but the few that we do, they nail ya. At least it drops quite a bit each year after.
Year 2017
Make Nissan
Model CC SV 4x4
Color Glacier White
Packages Value Package, Moon Roof

·
Premium Member
7,427 Posts
lol WTF is this for real? WTF is a license fee? weight fee? really?? Why do you guys continue to stay in that **** hole of a state? seriously! I get its beautiful and the weather is great but the state has changed and I couldn't even imagine paying 80 bucks a year for tag renewal, let along 400 bucks!

I also don't live in some unpopular city in Kansas, I live in the 3rd lagest state now in the second largest county in South Florida!
Nevermind my last post, it already happened.

And no... you don't get it. You and the other ignorant people who try to bash California and us who live in California any chance you get. And that doesn't even include all the other "I used to live in California" people who think just because they used to live here, whatever their opinion is has to be right LOL

I'll get the popcorn. BTW, how often should I change my oil?
Why is everyone taking my popcorn line? LOLOL

Oil change, everyone has a different answer.

- every 3k
- every 5k
- twice a year
- once a year
- only when you can afford it after paying California registration :rolleyes:

·
Registered
204 Posts
How else are they gonna pay for the Green New Deal?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
yeah its a ****ing joke.... we also have a 1985 and 1970's truck.... BOTH still over $200 each.... like wait what?!?!

this state and i are in a love/hate relationship

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

The Problem with California is they Tax the crap out of us because we pay the Government butt loads

Yet you have Trump telling us he wants money back he gave us (Laughing so hard )

California's Wealth is to Blame honestly and the High wages being paid you have McDonald's Employee's making $14-15 these days and you have to order off a computer like really wtf

I make enough to pay for it but it's like damn when I first started driving I used to only pay a max of a $100 New or Old but now it's a freaking payment too

Well I am Legal so don't have to worry about the Piggy's on me >:D

1 - 20 of 82 Posts