Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Based on some interest expressed in a different thread this is the official sign-up and suggestion thread. The talk was a run to Top of the World at Maclean Creek. Stockers shouldn't have any problem making it up on this run and for those wanting to push a little harder there are some tougher sections that can be detoured around. Based on the interest we can sort out the meeting times/locations etc. If anyone has suggestions for a different run or date please post up.
In:
buzzsaw
Endless

·
Registered
89 Posts
I would be interested in the stocker portion. Depending on when it ends of course. I am attending a stag that evening.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would be interested in the stocker portion. Depending on when it ends of course. I am attending a stag that evening.
It isn't that long, just depends how many times the convoy stops, how long we take for lunch etc. And to clarify, the main run is fine for stockers, there are a couple spots that are more challanging but they are more or less detours off the main trail.

·
Registered
89 Posts
It isn't that long, just depends how many times the convoy stops, how long we take for lunch etc. And to clarify, the main run is fine for stockers, there are a couple spots that are more challanging but they are more or less detours off the main trail.

Sounds like a good time. Until I actually learn more and get more experience with offroading / trail riding, I think I will stick with the basics and just take a pile of photos. CF seems to like photos.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm probably interested. Just need to make sure I don't get drafted to work... It'll be a stocker run for me as well.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Wheres Maclean Creek? I might be willing to join you on the 19th as long as you don't mind an edmontonian joining you lol

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Wheres Maclean Creek? I might be willing to join you on the 19th as long as you don't mind an edmontonian joining you lol
Maclean Creek is about 20 min outside of Calgary. Edmontonians are more than welcome.

I went to scout the trail last weekend, coming off the main road there are seversl access points to get to the clearing, but when you get back into the trees it seems the trail gets a bit hairy (wet and rutted out). Now i may be missing the the trail as there are several branches off. Has anybody ran the Top of the World trail lately? We may need to find an alternate trail to run unless I missed something. We could look at the Waiperous Water Fall run maybe, which I ran with my stock Frontier a couple years ago.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Unfortunately something had come up (even missed the stag with topless waitresses and a stripper ) and I couldn't make it. I am not even sure if the trail rides went through.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts