Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New (2010) Frontier LE 4x4; am an inveterate tinkerer and excited about my new truck. Looking at AirRaid stuff: what's the story w/cold air injection? How much louder is the truck in normal use; local or highway? Anybody use their throttle body spacer? Overall impressions? Improvements in performance? Mpg? Hobbyist fussing?
Thanks all for your replies and help. This forum is GREAT!
Harvey A

·
Registered
325 Posts
A lot of people here are going to tell you that the TBS is a waste of money. I have one and don't notice a difference really, so I figure WTF I'll leave it on.

Depending on what intake you get it can be either loud or quiet. Really you're not going to notice it unless you're flooring it all the time.

The biggest bang for your buck increases are going to be either a new intake or a Superchips / Bullydog followed by replacing the restrictive Y pipe in the exhaust. Check the Performance section for all the info you'll ever need.

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
re. throttle body spacer, you'll get more hp gains with a sticker. Each sticker is worth at least 10hp depending on size.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Get a CAI... theres a whole plethora of them depending on what you're looking for (higher HP or torque) and a variety of parts (less than 100 for a coolvue open filter element to almost 400 for an ingen)

I'd reccomend the volant. Not just because I have one, but it will provide you with a scoop that will give you the coolest airflow for the most torque. Install is probably the worst with the horn relocation, but its really just minor details

And althought people might say that its a waste of money.... keep in mind the filters are cleanable and reusable, and that will save you money over throwaway filters in the long run

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
yea CAI > TBS... TBS is smoke and mirrors on our trucks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CAI seems to be the biggest bang for the buck BUT..... how do you get the ECU (electronic control unit) to accept the increased airflow?

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
that's true, it's hard to take advantage of a mod like that without a tune. but, i will say i had massive gains for the money by doing my custom true dual setup. might look into that instead (i still have the stock intake which is pretty good unless you are getting a volant)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts