Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone gad their cabin fan just stop working? Went to turn it on the other day and it no longer works on setting "1". 2, 3 and 4 work fine.

I've checked all the connections and the switch, but I cant figure it out.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Like Zebra says would be the first thing to check
have you got power going to the fan?

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
15,482 Posts
i just went through this with my heater. if it works on 2 but not on others, its the resistor (so i was told by Nissan) - or 4 may work with AC. if it comes on briefly then shuts off, its the motor. mine blew both.

it must be a common problem because the dealer had the parts on hand and they had it fixed in under an hour.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
so the motor was stuffed ?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
well hope its not going to be an ongoing issue
did you find out what caused the issue like crap in the fan?

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
15,482 Posts
well hope its not going to be an ongoing issue
did you find out what caused the issue like crap in the fan?
i think it happened going through deep water

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
sheesh dont use so much water when ya wash it lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can I bring an old thread back to life here?
I've got a similar problem - Hot or cold, fan only works on 4. 1,2 and 3 give me nothing. This is on a 98/4cyl frontier. Same cause as mentioned before? Any help is appreciated.

I think I just posted this in the wrong area. Blasted search function.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi All

Have any of you guys here in Aus had to replace the part after warranty has expired? Nissan Aus quoted $258 for the part, so I am wondering if anyone here has replaced it with a part ordered in from a US dealer

Cheers
Kyle

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Hi All

Have any of you guys here in Aus had to replace the part after warranty has expired? Nissan Aus quoted $258 for the part, so I am wondering if anyone here has replaced it with a part ordered in from a US dealer

Cheers
Kyle
There has to be a cheaper aftermarket option that will work with the factory system. There are way to many companies in the A/C business for there to not be something else.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If its just the resistor, $258 seems way high. I got mine from the dealer here in Ontario for under $60. Problem is fixed now. Changing out the part was easy thanks to the info found on this forum.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks Guys, Nissan Aus are thieves when it comes to these sorts of parts. I can get the Frontier part in from the states for about $60

Just wondering if one of the D40 Frontier owners out there could check and let me know if their fan resistor looks similar to the picture below ? If so, I'll get one sent over

Cheers
Kyle

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.