Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i rented a 2017 frontier, is there any way to move the seat up and down? Has the cabin size shrunk? Ive hit my head at least six times getting in and out and not to mention the inner door frame/ headliner (looking over left shoulder to change lanes) and on the front of the headliner in front of the visor. My question would be is this it or am i missing something. BTW im not tall only 5'10" long in the torso.

·
Premium Member
7,379 Posts
I agree on the entering/getting in issues. After installing OEM step rails, I found the extra step-up while entering the truck to ease the transition...though the added height is certainly not 'needed'.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I thought I was the only one having trouble getting into my truck. I am only 5'8'', and have to practically crawl into the truck. I do not have height adjusters on my SV, but I think all of these trucks should have this feature. Glad I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a base model thst i rented, i merely rented it to see if i would like the 2nd gens. But i might have to look at a titan or making my own seat brackets if i get an older one.

·
Premium Member
6,604 Posts
the multi adjustable cloth and power leather seats are different. You can adjust the front and back of the seat bottom on those. On the seat in the one you rented, it only adjust one of these (not sure which, my Pro-4X has the multi adjustable cloth)

·
Registered
549 Posts
I'm a little surprised anyone has difficulty getting into the truck and I'm about your height. Just curious, you said base model. Was it a regular cab? If so then mines a 4 door so its probably a different comparison. I know mine has the cloth non adjustable seats and for me they work great except for 2 things. I'd like the front edge of the seat to be a little less backwards tilted, so on long drives it doesn't cut into the back of my leg, and then I really think every seat should have lumbar adjustment. I've driven my truck from coast to coast a couple times now and the lack of lumbar murders me at some point. I'm at a point where I am going to get one of those air bladder kits and I found some people in Dallas that can install it... just a matter of having the time to drop off my truck and have it done.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is a crew cab, ive had this issue with many different vehicles except full-size vehicles but i dont care for full-size vehicles

·
Registered
931 Posts
I'm 6ft tall with a king cab Pro-4x. I have my seat adjusted as low as it goes. I brush my head on the roof once in awhile getting in. Its an improvement from the 2006 Tacoma 4x4 I had previously. With the seat adjusted to where I was comfy my hair was half an inch from the roof and my knees were half an inch from the dash. Definitely hit my head and right knee getting in and out quite a few times. The key fob would bounce off my knee when I was driving which drove me nuts.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Honestly I thought I would miss something buying a truck with a fully manual seat with next to nothing in adjustments but at 6'2" and 275 in the saddle I can say that once slid all the way back and incline adjusted that I drive my truck for near 650 miles stents and I'm very comfy...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Honestly i was more comfortable in a lmtv than i was the frontier. The whole bending in half or ducking to get in sucked.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Honestly I thought I would miss something buying a truck with a fully manual seat with next to nothing in adjustments but at 6'2" and 275 in the saddle I can say that once slid all the way back and incline adjusted that I drive my truck for near 650 miles stents and I'm very comfy...

I've done about 1350 in one sitting and the only real issue I had along the way was the lack of lumbar adjustment (and staying awake).

·
Registered
544 Posts
I've done about 1350 in one sitting and the only real issue I had along the way was the lack of lumbar adjustment (and staying awake).
Every now and then I miss having lumbar adjustment. I may look around and see if someone makes/sells an aftermarket kit.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm 6'2", 205 lbs and I don't have any problems. Mine is a PRO-4X CC with luxury package. So power seats. The only issues I have is I wish the seat could go back about 4-6" more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts