Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I'm currently in the middle of swapping my c200k out for a m226. After a lot of research and info from other members I assumed that the backing plates/caliper mounts from the c200k can be used on the m226. After I pulled the axle shafts out of my c200k I found that the backing plates and mounts are one assembly with the axle shaft bearing and seals pressed into them. Which are slightly different from the m226 where the backing plates dont have the axle bearings and seals pressed into them. The part numbers for the backing plates for both the c200k and m226 are 44030-EA070 / 44020-EA070 yet I can't find part numbers for the caliper mounts that attach to the backing plates. Another thread that I found shows that the backing plates and caliper mounts are actually one assembly but that is not shown on any website that sells the backing plates. I'm very frustrated and confused as they have the same part numbers but are not actually the same. I went to my local dealership and they were useless and none of the employees had absolutely no idea what I was attempting to inquire about. If anyone has completed a m226 swap or knows of anyone who has please let me know. Is it possible to remove the axle shaft/bearing/seals out of the backing plates off the c200k or am i better off buying the parts new? I only have a few days to complete this as i have impending holiday plans. If anyone can help me out or point me in the right direction as soon as possible I would very much appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Have you considered just replacing the bad components and keeping the c200 whole? you could keep it as a spare in case of breakage or sell it. If its complete you'll get more buyers.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I am almost positive that the backing plates are different for the m226. I think the brakes are the same, abs sensors are different

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
770 Posts
I did the same swap. The m226 I got didn't have backing plates. I drilled out the welds in my old c200 backing plates and transferred them to the m226.

It took me longer to do this than the test of the axle swap.

Send me a pm or text 229 two three 7 seventy 413

1 - 4 of 4 Posts