Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
My concern is if I’m in an accident and it is my fault they could use my camera as evidence against me.
Probably not what you wanted to hear, but if that's your concern of not getting a dash camera, maybe you should drive responsibly and not put yourself in that situation?

You could also just refuse to provide the video from the camera. It is yours, after all. But although you are entitled to do so, you may get sued or charged with obstruction. Even if you win, it's still a headache to deal with.

One of my friends manages a storage facility on a busy intersection. The cops come to him probably once a month to ask for video of traffic collisions in the intersection. He is fully justified in telling them, "Those are my cameras on my property, go away" but chooses not to. He usually has the video on a flash drive before the cops show up.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They can confiscate it if they think there is a risk for it being destroyed. I always drive responsibly, but no driver is perfect

·
Registered
56 Posts
One of my friends manages a storage facility on a busy intersection. The cops come to him probably once a month to ask for video of traffic collisions in the intersection. He is fully justified in telling them, "Those are my cameras on my property, go away" but chooses not to. He usually has the video on a flash drive before the cops show up.
A judge will frequently grant a search warrant to obtain surveillance video from businesses or residences that may contain evidence, and a refusal to provide it will result in the DVR being seized so that the video can be recovered. Always better to willingly provide it...unless you have a spare DVR to use while the other is held as evidence.:D

·
Registered
183 Posts
We have "Drivecam" recorders in our trucks at work. I prefer to have record of what happened good or bad.

·
Registered
2017 SV CC LWB 4x4 auto
180 Posts
For what it's worth it's not worth hiding the cam. I have one. Got used to them in my work truck. Then with a long multi state road trip planned I installed one in my own truck. Figured if something happened it may save a trip out of state to sort it out. Now it's on whenever the key is on. I like the one I chose, got one for my wife and daughter also.

Good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts