Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
^^^Can we get a test pic of this?

JP LOL!!!
Got my adrenaline pumping there for a second. We were joking when we built it "this thing is built like a tank, I bet we could pick the truck up off the ground with an excavator for a test pic"! In the end we decided the Utili-Track probably would blow out long before the carrier will!!!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
As I look at the design, we know, the tube would hold the weight of a 4wheeler. The "weak" links would be the lugs holding on the tire and the bolts into the utilitrac. Let's delve further though, the lugs appear almost OEM size from the pic and our lugs hold 1/6 of 1/4 of the weight of the truck right? Let's say that passes, so that leaves the utilitrac. I'd almost bet that with the OEM stops in addition to the designed bolts, all is good.

So, while it seems sort of out there, minimizing damage to spare wheel is potentially the only issue. I am sure with cleats one could keep the 4wheeler out of the rear window, it's all about properly securing the load baby.

Alas, I have no 4wheeler and at this time can't put the tire carrier to use. I still bet my theory would prove out though.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
No, the Tiregate is patented, we have to stay clear of their design concepts. If you want to drop over $600 for a TireGate you can, but when I tried to buy one a few months ago they were discontinued for the Fronty's. Don't know if that has changed....
oops, my bad - I did not mean "tiregate" I meant a tire gate. Basically a swing arm on the rear bumper so that we can mount a spare tire and swing it (like a gate) out of the way to open the tail gate. Similar to what KMA had done with the Multicarrier system (bumper & tire carrier). I do like the fact that they can mount a jack, antenea, tire, backup lights, and a jerry can on the rear bumper. That creates space we did not have and gets a lot of stuff on our truck without consuming already scarce bed space. But I'd like to beleive what you came up with would be even better quality.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Who's going to be the first to "mod" this creating a tire carrier that will spin via a small motor so even yer spare doesn't look like it's standin' still?

·
Registered
356 Posts
^^^First person that needs to get slapped! That would be a huge waste!

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Is it me, or does it look like its bending. Call it a street tire carrier!

:D :) :D

Sorry, couldn't resist. That looks great! The red carrier on the black truck actually doesn't look bad. Kind of adds the black widow effect, you know..red on black.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The question has been asked a couple of times and not been answered. Does the price include the adapters for the tracks or is that seperate from the tire carrier?

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
That looks very nice. I have two questions... 1. Can you give me a price for the tire carrier with Line-X? and 2. Can you see with the rear-view mirror with that thing sitting back there?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
wow that thing is badazz!!!! im really starting to like alot of the products coming out of your shop!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
The question has been asked a couple of times and not been answered. Does the price include the adapters for the tracks or is that seperate from the tire carrier?
Sorry, the tracks are seperate. We had them all lined up for mfg but just made a small revision to the design.

They will be made available soon, as we can afford to continue developing the new concepts.

When they do sell, they will sell as a seperate item, or in a package with chosen accessories.

Hope that answers your question...

Erik

wow that thing is badazz!!!! im really starting to like alot of the products coming out of your shop!!
Thanks! That is EXACTLY the kind of feedback we are looking to generate! Thank you thank you thank you!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Great looking stuff man. Keep up the good work and keep the products coming.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Didn't mean to have attitude in my post. I really like the product and just wanted to make sure everything was available. Let me know when the tracks are available and I will buy the whole set up.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Let me know when the tracks are available and I will buy the whole set up.
Why would you need a track? Did your NISMO come with the utili-track?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
That looks very nice. I have two questions... 1. Can you give me a price for the tire carrier with Line-X? and 2. Can you see with the rear-view mirror with that thing sitting back there?
Working on the price for line-x. Powder coat is an addn'l $80. This is high, but it includes soda blasting (helps the powder adhere to the metal better reducing chips down to the bare metal), and 2 coats of Powder. It's expensive but we don't want to sell junk, so we opted for the pricier, more durable powder coat option.

We ship them in black primer, so if you have a powder coater or line-x person, you can have it done locally, but we are extending the prices to you directly with no mark up, so this should be pretty competitive.

I have a 35x12.50 and it does a pretty good job of blocking the rear view mirror, but I'm used to always having something in the back of my truck so I drive more with my side mirrors anyway.

I will let you know when I get the quote back from Line-X on the cost. Line-X for the Scorpion sliders is $80, this is about the same linear footage so I am hoping to get the same price or close to it.

Hope that helps!

Erik

21 - 40 of 41 Posts