Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm in negotiations for a new Pro4x (incl leather ect). Do you think $39500 taxes in is a good price? I am in British Columbia. Would love to hear from everyone what they paid for their new Pro4x.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
they get bent over pretty bad up in canada when it comes to vehicle pricing.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Yup, the whole Canada thing is going to throw the numbers out of wack.

40k stills seems a bit much.

Hopefully a Canada member will chime in on what they think is a good price.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
if you go on nissan's page and build one online a new pro-4x here in the states with a few options and as a crew cab come to around 33k if you factor in taxes but with all the rebates and deals that they do here in the states i bet you could drive away with one for under 30k with a good amount of options fairly easy. i'm guessing he's looking at a crew cab since they are more expensive cause if thats the price for a king cab i dont want to know what it is for a crew cab

·
Registered
302 Posts
My 2010 CC LE with a sunroof was 30,466

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
does edmunds.com do canadian pricing? if so it should be able to tell you both sticker, what they claim others are paying as well as invoice...

·
Registered
377 Posts
As a fellow Canadian, I can tell you that that's a fair price, not particularly good but decent especially considering the trim level. I thought I read on here somewhere that Canadian dealers were giving some sort of discount till the end of June due to slow sales. I'll see if I can find that thread, give me a sec. nvm, it was in your other thread.

Sometimes I wish I lived in the States so that I don't get raped on pricing for just about everything.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
You better deals if the truck is siting on the lot.

My brother got a PRO-4X with leather for $26000. two months ago.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I bought my 06 LE 4x4 used in Nov 08 for $17300can, dealer had it listed for $21500can. I know that doesn't pertain to your buying a new Pro4x, but atleast its some more info for you. As for the price you got, I say it's pretty normal. Or atleast around me here in Winnipeg. It seemed they were roughly $35k canadian for either a LE 4x4 or a loaded Pro4x. I will never buy a new truck in Canada. It's more than worth it to travel States side to pick one up. Takes a bit more work obviously, but well worth it.

If it helps at all, I would be willing to scope out our 3 Nissan dealers here in Winnipeg, and see what I can find you for a price? A one way plane ticket to Winnipeg would be cheap and could maybe save you money. I know that 2 out of the 3 dealers here had atleast 2 Pro4x on lot each.

·
Registered
220 Posts
$34,500 for my 09 KC

·
Registered
75 Posts
2010 PRO-4X, CC, Auto, 6 cyl.It comes with the leather and the i pod cable. I ordered it with the moonroof/roof rack and floor mats for $29,800 + tax. I talked to about 10 dealers over almost 2 months in 3 states to get that price. I had several who said they would meet or beat any price actually hang up on me when I told them my price and that I had it in writing. I'm pretty happy with my deal. I also went with the 0.9% apr. good luck

EDIT: thats 31,398.60 in canadian.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thanks guys for the info so far. It is a crew cab, fully loaded with moonroof/leather ect... sticker price was just around $41K... its sitting on a dealer lot and I guess this month they knocked $5k off it. So with taxes in, it was at about $41K but I told the sales guy that I would pay maybe around $39K. I priced one on the US site because i'm not opposed to going down to get it as I live close to the border. I mentioned that to the sales guy and he said "Well... do you know about the import vehicle tax on top of the regular taxes you'll be paying?" and to tell you the truth, I haven't looked into what I'd be paying to bring it back cross the line.

and for advice - get the extended warranty
Hey Zedbra... out of curiosity, why do you recommend the xtended warranty? All i've heard about for the last couple days from the sales guy is how I'm not going to have any problems with a Nissan. lol Just curious when you've experienced... thanks.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
14,649 Posts
Hey Zedbra... out of curiosity, why do you recommend the xtended warranty? All i've heard about for the last couple days from the sales guy is how I'm not going to have any problems with a Nissan. lol Just curious when you've experienced... thanks.
leave it to the sales guy to say that....well, the reason i say that is because personally i have had many little things go out on this truck and extended warranty has saved my butt. others have similar issues as i have, so these are common issues - other than my wiring harness inside of my ecu crumbling in under three years. lol.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
My next big purchase will be from the US of A .. because basically we are seriously getting reemed by retailers up here.
A little homework will save you thousands of dollars ...

When you cross the border, expect to pay 5% GST, $100 air conditioning excise tax, $206 RIV fee. As of March 19th 2007 you must also pay a high emissions excise tax, which has replaced the overweight vehicle excise tax that previously existed.

Here is a list of tax/duty costs that you could potentially pay at the border:

Duty Amounts:

Vehicles Manufactured in North America Duty Free
Vehicles Manufactured outside North America 6.1% on average
Vehicles over 25 years old Duty Free

Tax Amounts:

All Vehicles are subject to GST 5%
Vehicles with Air Conditioning C$100

Excise Tax on Fuel inefficient Cars, station wagons, vans and sport utility vehicles (excludes pickup trucks):

Vehicle uses 13-14 litres per 100 km C$1000
Vehicle uses 14-15 litres per 100 km C$2000
Vehicle uses 15-16 litres per 100 km C$3000
Vehicle uses 16 or more litres per 100 km C$4000

As with any vehicle purchase, you will also have to pay PST when you go to get it registered in your province.

Note that Canada Border Services does not accept cash or cheque at any border crossings into Canada. Be sure when importing a car into Canada to bring a Visa or Mastercard.

Your going to pay GST and PST up here anyways .. so all your going to ge hit with is this wierd "gas thing" tax ... which will still make your purchase much cheaper than the crooks up here in Canada.

Purchase when the dollar is high (obviously) and go for a truck that is resident on a lot.

d-mo

·
Registered
880 Posts
^^What he said.

D-MO: Thankyou for posting that info.

FrontierNewbie: DO NOT PASS UP THE EXTENDED WARRANTY. I WOULD BET MY LEFT AND RIGTH NUT YOU WILL NEED IT IN THE FUTURE. My nissan has not been the reliable Nissan that people talk about owning. As with many other members on here too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts