Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
I have heard good things about Radiator Barn. If you are looking for increased performance Stillen has released a aluminum Titan radiator that should be adaptable. Why are you buying a new radiator? Any chance you dont need the stock mounting brackets/ side trim for your current one anymore?

·
Registered
32 Posts
rad

With all that is going on with the 05-07 nissan's i think a new radiator at $131 is cheap insurance. I would also get all the matic-f out and put in matic-s. Transmission are about $5,000.

Thats what i did with my 07 xe , because once it starts getting into the tranny its too late if you don't find out very quick.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
With all that is going on with the 05-07 nissan's i think a new radiator at $131 is cheap insurance. I would also get all the matic-f out and put in matic-s. Transmission are about $5,000.

Thats what i did with my 07 xe , because once it starts getting into the tranny its too late if you don't find out very quick.
where did you buy yours?

i did the bypass just for a quick fix, want to get a new radiator for a real fix .

whats the deal with the matic-f vs the matic-s? I thought once you used the "F" you could no longer change tot he "S".......am i wrong? If im wrong can you get all 100% of the old "F" out?

Why are you buying a new radiator?
^^^^see above

·
Registered
32 Posts
rad

I bought my radiator on line , i forget where, i paid $140 total for it.
I have a 07 xe 4 cyl auto, it had matic-j in it because that was in it new, the local dealer replaced all of it with matic-s (1 week after i changed the radiator).
I don't know for sure but i read that the matic-f is a semi-synth, the matic-s is a full synth.

If you had a dealer change your fluid he would put in matic-s because they don't have matic-f anymore. I really think they found something wrong with the matic-f.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you dont mind me asking, what did you pay the the t-fluid change?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
They must have both. Mine wasn't aluminum and had a metal tank. I bought the oversize one w/larger cores.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
The Stillen/Titan one was originally made by CSF but I am not sure who makes it now. It may be worth looking into since it is fully aluminum.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts