Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O1 LIGHT KHAKI EXTENDED CAB 4X4 3.3L 5 SPEED,94K ON IT.VERY CLEAN TRUCK. Dealer wants $5999 for it.What should i look for before i pull da trigger.I looked it over,dry undercarriage shifts great,4x4 works without a hitch,overall,a very clean truck.What do think?? Live in N.J.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Carfax.

Realize the timing belt is going to be due for a change in 11K miles. $400-$500 at the dealer. I think your spark plugs will also be due in 11K. If you're into doing your own maintenance, there are threads on this site on how to change both yourself.

Check tire tread remaining, and when the battery was last replaced.

·
Super Moderator
11,063 Posts
Welcome! I believe the color is called Sand Dune. The 2001 is a rugged looking truck. I had a 2002 and enjoyed it much. I can't think of anything that was wrong with them to point out. Just give it a real good visual on the body and look under the hood and under the truck for signs of leaks or accident repairs. The service dept should be able to give you a warranty and service history based on the vehicle ID number. Where in NJ are you?
Which dealer? Will they guarentee it passes inspection?
I believe they wouldn't put it on their lot if they didn't feel it was worthy or they would wholesale it at an auction.

Clint

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,063 Posts
Carfax.

Realize the timing belt is going to be due for a change in 11K miles. $400-$500 at the dealer. I think your spark plugs will also be due in 11K. If you're into doing your own maintenance, there are threads on this site on how to change both yourself.

Check tire tread remaining, and when the battery was last replaced.
Change the water pump when the belt gets done. As I said earlier see if thee is aservice history by the vin# as it may alreadyu been changed.
Carfax is a lot of hype. Not all companies report to it so you can get a false feeling of security. A cash repair circumvents it as well.

Clint

1 - 5 of 5 Posts