Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some pics of the flares installed on our trucks. I know there are some in threads on the site already, but I'm specifically wondering about how the flare looks with the rear mud flap, and if it's possible to leave the front flaps on with the flares. In some pics it looks like the rear flare is cut out for the mud flap to still be installed the same way as it is without the bushwacker flares on the truck. I haven't seen a good shot showing this area and was hoping someone could provide a better view. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
i believe mdawg on here has them on his truck.

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
You are correct. The front mud flap has to be removed. The shape is different of the Bushwacker flare is different than the fender, so it does not match the contour. You may be able to trim it so it will fit. The rear Bushwacker flare is cut out to fit over the factory mud guard and is the only thing I don't like about them, but is far out weighed by the over all look.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I agree about the way the flare/mud flap look together. Kind of annoying that they don't offer it w/o the cut out like the ones that go on the longer beds.... oh well. I'm thinking about getting the flares and having them line-x'd along with the mud flaps and other plastic trim on my truck. I think that having the same finish on both would make it look better, but I'm not sold on having the flare cut out like that and losing the protection from the front mud flap. Decisions decisions.

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
Somebody else on here has a white truck and made their front mud guards fit the Bushwackers. I kept mine with the intent of doing the same thing, but never did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts