Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Repost from my Intro thread:

I've got some damage on the plastic front bumper of my 2014 SV, and was thinking of just cutting the thing off. Thinking of making the slow shift to full prerunner.

Actually like what this user did while he was waiting for his bumper. It won't be until after June that I'll have time to work with a shop to craft an actual prerunner bumper, so I'd like a decent look in the mean time. My idea was to remount my current White Rhino bar higher up along the cut line, and then possibly angle my license plate downward from that to the metal lip.

What are y'alls opinions on this look? Is the skid and lip durable enough for light wheeling while I wait?

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
This truck uses glass fenders so it would be hard to compare the look you are after.
As far as light wheeling, should not be a problem if you are careful.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Without fiberglass fenders it's hard to say if it'll look good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
374 Posts
How about ordering another set of OEMs?

You can try to find a good pair of OEMs on sale and try to modify them. Or see if anybody on here has any that they would like to offer for sale. :)

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
You can probably modify your "White Rhino" bar higher up. Should be an easy fix . Don't know what the bar looks like.Photo?
This was the original guard I built and was later modified when I went to glass.
It was modified by my friend, owner of "Wright Fabrication" since I have been having health issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
If you are serious about going "full prerunner" spend your time, money and energy on your suspension. Don't worry about bumpers till then.If you are just after the looks of a prerunner than disregard this post.

Reactions: frontierfreak7

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
If you are serious about going "full prerunner" spend your time, money and energy on your suspension. Don't worry about bumpers till then.If you are just after the looks of a prerunner than disregard this post.

Agreed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Solid advice.

Decided that I'll go with a Dezert Runner bumper since my insurance is going to cover the damages after all. Also shopping around for some control arms now so that I can start to get the performance to back up the looks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts