Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hit a deer this morning and damaged the front of the truck, mainly the driver side headlights and the plastic bumper is tore up.
It’s a 2001 XE. Does anyone know if there are any other model years or trim styles whose bumper and headlight assembly will fit on this truck?
Thanks!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Sorry to hear this! I feel you pain. I hate deer!
Love to watch them in a field or in the woods but I hate them. When I first moved to my current location 20+ years ago I managed to smuck/strike/hit/bash/smash or otherwise come into unwieldy contact and kill 9 deer in the first 8 years I lived here (extremely high deer population at the time). I was pluckin' em' off early mornings at 5:00 am on my way to work and/or at 6:00 pm on my way home, didn't seem to matter. I hate deer! The local body shop started sending me annual invitations.
Over the past several years the deer in my art of Michigan have been hit hard by a couple of different viruses/bugs/diseases so the population is down considerably and I have fared much better. That and I am on the road far less than before and in all honest in much less of a hurry since retiring.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Yeah it definitely could have been worse, and it had been so long since the last time I hit one it was bound to happen unfortunately.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
So I hit a deer this morning and damaged the front of the truck
Did the deer have insurance?

Doesn't matter, many lawyers who advertise on TV will sue a dead deer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
search interchangeable parts. I think I remember reading the hard body all the way up to 2004 can change body parts between the years. Includes Xterra as well.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
search interchangeable parts. I think I remember reading the hard body all the way up to 2004 can change body parts between the years. Includes Xterra as well.
Mae sure to triple check. I have both a 1998 and 2004 Frontiers and they have some different body and trim parts. Especially inside trim.

·
Registered
27 Posts
So I hit a deer this morning and damaged the front of the truck, mainly the driver side headlights and the plastic bumper is tore up.
It’s a 2001 XE. Does anyone know if there are any other model years or trim styles whose bumper and headlight assembly will fit on this truck?
Thanks!
I drive a 2002 XE, and I have just finished fixing my front end. RockAuto has new front bumpers for $100. Personally, I bought a $16 plastic welder from Harbor Freight and patched the 2 cracks in my bumper and reused it. For headlight assemblies, Amazon is the cheapest pace to get replacements. I had to replace both of mine. I got black ones for $100 for the pair. It’s only $50 a headlight, and if you have Prime, it’s free shipping.

Also, there’s a little plastic clip thingy that retains the bottom rear of your headlight. You need to make sure that piece is still there (mine popped out on both headlights after my fender bender). I got replacements on eBay for $8. If you have a headlight that wasn’t damaged, refer to that one when rebuilding your broken one. All in, you could get that all replaced and fixed yourself for $200 give or take $40. You got it dude, just persevere.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
4,646 Posts
After my encounter with a deer I used fiberglass cloth and resin to repair the long large gash that is indicated by the red line in last pic.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.