Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to take advantage of this nice day on the East coast and tooled around on my truck. It's gonna be a few months before I get a nice rear bumper so I wanted to give my stock one a makeover. Took it to a buddy who sand blasted it for me and then I covered it with Herculiner. It looked pretty rough before but it looked like new after!! Nice little $35 spruce up.

Attachments

·
Registered
939 Posts
sweet! that would look nice with my painted front bumper & flares. let's see a pic when you get it back on the truck

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I plan to put it back on tomorrow once it completely cures. I'll post a pic by the weekend with it on. Hope it doesn't look like a turd mounted back on there. At least there's no more unsure footing on the bumper!

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
I'm debating on doing this with the rear bumper on my dodge to finish the black out. just not sure what to paint it with yet

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm debating on doing this with the rear bumper on my dodge to finish the black out. just not sure what to paint it with yet
I don't know if you're considering the bedliner stuff but it is sooo foolproof. E-Z. In the kit they give you a crappy roller and a brush. I used the brush for the whole thing so much easier to follow the contour of the bumper. I imagine touch ups after trails will blend in seemlessly too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts