Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the bullydog triple dog on my 07 frontier 4.0 yesterday and made the normal 126 mile trip to work and back. Before I averaged 21.3 mpg on the trip and with the bullydog I averaged 21.5. It is 4 lane driving the cruise set on 67 the whole time. I also can only get 89% out of the throttle(It says it removes the restriction) I have set it to all 3 throttle settings and from stock to removed will only change it from 80% to 89%. It gave it more power,but the reason for the purchase was for gas mileage. I plan to install a K&N air intake in a few days that will maybe make the difference I'm looking for. By watching the throttle percent monitor on the gauge the only way I see to increase mileage is to reduce throttle because it registers the same instant mpg driving 60 or 70 because it requires the same amount of throttle to maintain those speeds. Let me know what you think

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Dave.

At first I was not too happy with the BD GT. I think I did feel the power increase but the I think the MPG went down. At this point I tried different settings, timing ETC. I also installed the K & N intake. I lost MPG. I also felt like I lost the low end. Then I saw a thread on tis fourm Quick AirRaid Mod which closes the the box with plexi glass sooo I decided to try . I closed all the small holes that I could close but I did not not close the top as of yet. II feel like I got my low end back and at my last fill up I got 20. I am going to make a cover for the top of the box and see what happens.

RG

1 - 2 of 2 Posts