Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought this bully dog programmer and i dont know what the hell im doing can anyone help me out that has this already? or what can i possibly set this programmer

·
Registered
874 Posts
make sure it is updated, plug it into your OBD and follow the instructions, you can set it for 87 tune or 91-93 tune.

Why did you get the pup and not the GT?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got it for 250 new do u know a good tune to start off idk what im doing

·
Registered
874 Posts
if you are running regular unleaded 87, use the 87 tune. I am running the 87 tune with the GT now, I bumped up my idle, 2* timing advance, removed the WOT. Much more powerful and gained about 3 MPG. The 87 tune I feel is more about economy. The 91 tune is going to give you more performance but there should be the MPG hit.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I have been considering one of these... can either of you tell me if the GT is compatible with Macs?
The installer for the updater is windows only that is on the site, if you get the GT you need to update it before using it to make sure you have the latest SW, I ended up not using the updater, called BD and and the tech emailed me the update, unzipped and copied and pasted onto the BD's sd card. I am sure you can do that much with a Mac (maybe). OK just plugged it into the Mac and with much surprise it saw it, so it should work! I hate Macs but I have several of them here!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I kind of in the same boat as the OP, as in I don't really know what the hell I'm doing. lol.
I've seen the plug for these. Basically, you just plug n play? Set it to 87 and it will boost your mpg? I read through one of the stickies and did a little searching online, so I'm not super familiar with them.
They will also show your mpg (current), lots of computer stuff and make it run a little better from what I saw as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks, I think that may work... I suppose I could have them email me the update, then go to the library and open/download from one of their playschool computers ...heh, er, I mean, PC's.

-I kid, I KID!

·
Registered
874 Posts
I kind of in the same boat as the OP, as in I don't really know what the hell I'm doing. lol.
I've seen the plug for these. Basically, you just plug n play? Set it to 87 and it will boost your mpg? I read through one of the stickies and did a little searching online, so I'm not super familiar with them.
They will also show your mpg (current), lots of computer stuff and make it run a little better from what I saw as well.
Thats it in a nutshell, update the physical BD to make sure that it is up to date and you have the most current "tune" for the vehicle, attach it to the OBD port and follow the instructions (FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS), choose the tune (87 or 91), let update your trucks computer. If you have the GT it has lots of cool features. I am using the 87 tune and got a nice boost in performance and almost 4 mpg better driving nicely

Thanks, I think that may work... I suppose I could have them email me the update, then go to the library and open/download from one of their playschool computers ...heh, er, I mean, PC's.

-I kid, I KID!
If your Mac sees the SD card in the unit or if you have a card reader you should be able to just copy and paste the file to the SD card with your mac, just takes a phone call to BD. Then you wouldn't have to use the toy computers, maybe it will go faster since you have a mac :laugh:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
k i tried to install it and i took off the wot restictor did the tune but i think it asked me something about the rpm or something i forget i wasnt sure about that one

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what good to start off at?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok thanks bimmernut for all the HELP!!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
not much i did the stock tune w/ 2* advance i think its because of how much lift i have and the 35's idk i could be wrong though but imma wait a little longer till i finish this tank off and try the premium one next ill let you know

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ahh man sorry i bought mine from a good friend he actually got it for his 09 maxima and didnt use it.so i was just over and saw it and he said i could have it for 250...i said shoootz

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
k just ran the stock tune with 2* advance and removed the WOT got 236 miles to one tank of gas i was getting under 142-150 to a tank so i guess it kinda worked

1 - 20 of 21 Posts