Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone doing the bully bar upfront and does it look good? Im not doing a whole lot of mods to my 06 frontier but im thinking it would look kinda sharp. Also how hard is the install? Any drilling?

·
Registered
733 Posts
I am in the market for a bull bar myself, after talking to a few members and sponsors in the board, I decided to go with a Westin tag. I looked into Aries and a sponsor mentioned that quality is not up to par with Westin and they are the same/similarly priced!

What finish were you looking into? I am opting for the black powder coat finish for my Storm Gray 06 Nismo KC

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats another thing that i was up in air about.........Im debating if chrome wold look best since there is a lot of chrome on the front of the truck, or go with the more subtle look of black powder coat. Hopefully some people on here have each and can post some pictures

·
Registered
733 Posts
I am actually in the process of skimming through the galleries for member's trucks.

yeah it might seem the Chrome finish might be the best fit since the Frontier has chrome trimmings all over. (rearview mirror, front grill, bumpers)

I just feel the subtle of the powdercoated bull bar is a good match since the tires are black and the front grill mesh is black. BTW, the skid plate will still be bare metal finish (aluminum).

I am also hoping to match this with the black powder coated Injen CAI

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
definitely looks great binford!

the Westin looks quality!

I wonder how the powder coated ones look on a darker color Fronty

·
Registered
733 Posts
ok, I found this for the previous years which doesn't really help for the 05-06 mental picture

the chrome looks great on the storm gray finish (what I have)

Looks like the Manik is also a good option if price isn't an issue.

·
Registered
80 Posts
can someone who has a bull bar / A bar take a pic of how it mounts to the chassis? I want to be able to hang a 5Kw generator off it, using scaffold tube (2" or 50mm)

Thanks

Guy

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Okay, heres a photoshop I did today of a black bar on my Elec. Blue crew cab. I think I'm going to go black, because all the chrome on the front is a bit much for me... Looks great on lighter colors but on a darker color I think it would be overkill.. lets see if this works for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
ys it dose look very nice on your truck, i wonder how the black looks on the storm gray

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Also I have the '05 nismo w/ black mirrors/ handles so it compliments it better... anyone who wants a personalized photoshop.. send me a pic about the same angle as my truck.. or else find the bar/ truck angle pics you want and send them both to me and i can see what i can do. My email address is [email protected]. I'm workin the rest of the day but I can get them to you by tomorrow.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bwarren228 said:
Okay, heres a photoshop I did today of a black bar on my Elec. Blue crew cab. I think I'm going to go black, because all the chrome on the front is a bit much for me... Looks great on lighter colors but on a darker color I think it would be overkill.. lets see if this works for me.
you could have told me that bar was on your truck and I would have never known the difference. Suprisingly with the black bumper trim and grill, it actually compliments it quite nice. Now I cant make up my dang mind, they both look great. Im beginning to think black because im not putting nerf bars on my frontier

·
Registered
733 Posts
bwarren,
is it possible for you to p-chop this one

turn the bar into powder coat black. I am curious how it would turn out
thanks!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Sweet! The black Westin bar gives the the Frontier a little bad *** look to it, if it didn't already.

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Nismo_R6... you basicly want a black bar like the one pictured on my truck on a graystone frontier? I can do that. Black or chrome mirrors and handles?

·
Registered
733 Posts
yup, just the black one similar to the on you did on yours.
I have the 06 Storm Gray Nismo. All the trimmings are chrome (mirrors, handles, grilld and bumpers). The reason I was jealous with the LE body color front bumper.

But I am really am partial with the black one, but just want to see if it will look out of place with all the chrome. And the chrome one I posted look pretty good with the storm gray.

and a big thanks! :D

·
Registered
733 Posts
thanks a ton bwarren, you did an awesome job
that convinced me to go ahead with the black one, it does evens out the chrome bits!

kudos on the 2 min. p-chop skillz!

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
If I get bored later this weekend I'll do some different color combinations and see how it turns out. Definitely post pics when you get it though! I want to see how it turns out

1 - 20 of 43 Posts