Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting mixed signals from my search, so I'll just ask the direct question. Can you get rid of WOT with a bullydog 40410? I'm debating getting one (I'm keeping an eye on you, whistler 馃槅) but the two biggest things I want are to bump up the rpms on idle (sick of the shake) and remove WOT. I'll probably tinker a bit if the option is there, but those are a must...so, does it still or was it removed as an option?

Registered
What 'shake' at idle are you talking about? Mine doesn't shake at idle...maybe there is a mechanical reason for your shake?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not talking about a jarring, teeth rattling idle, I'm talking about the low rpm, rough idle that is common on frontiers. Common issue, usually fixed with a tuner or a trip to the dealer. I'm not saying every truck has it, but it is a known thing...search. Besides, my question is about the WOT.

Registered
Mine occasionally dips a hair for a slight vibration, particularly at idle when the compressor kicks on. I wish there was a cheap option to turn off the throttle restriction.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #7
That's the idle these trucks are notorious for. Most people bump the rpm up about 50 or so from the factory 650. But yeah, wish it was an easy fix on both parts.

Registered
That's the idle these trucks are notorious for. Most people bump the rpm up about 50 or so from the factory 650. But yeah, wish it was an easy fix on both parts.
You can call your closest dealer with your vin number and see if they have a free of charge software update for the idle, I had mine done a few years ago.
The bully dog question is kind of a gray area it depends on what bully dog unit will work with certain model year Frontiers I could not figure out if one would remove my WOT on my 2012.

Reactions: Kelly Mack

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #9
You can call your closest dealer with your vin number and see if they have a free of charge software update for the idle, I had mine done a few years ago.
The bully dog question is kind of a gray area it depends on what bully dog unit will work with certain model year Frontiers I could not figure out if one would remove my WOT on my 2012.
That's what I'm thinking, unfortunately. From what I read the old 40410 might,...or might not, and the newer ones won't...I think...lol. '12 here as well and don't want to spend that cash without being sure.

Registered
The Bullydog I have works on my 2007.
Will sell when I get the Uprev..
Stupid California!
Can't have tunerr sent here!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #11
I'm definitely going to try to keep an eye out for it. I may need to start checking these forums again more frequently until then 馃ぃ I know I'll end up pulling the WOT and rpm change and then tossing it in a drawer, so I really do hope it'll work otherwise I'll end up just turning around and selling it as well 馃槅

Registered
I use it to correct codes often since the truck sits do much.

Reactions: Graidian

Registered
No, sits in the console of the Frontier.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #15
Gotcha. Thanks for the info! I'll keep an eye out, hopefully you're able to get your tuner soon (he said as ungreedily as possible)...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts