Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking up online many different kinds of bull bars & grille guards. I can't make up my mind with ease...therefore Im asking other Frontier owners!

Any advise would be helpful:

Is the bull bar even worth it?
which brand is recommended (for guard or bull bar)
2.5 in - good bar thickness? lol
certain website/store/brand I should be looking at???

Also, anyone else drive a 3.3l V6 and disappointed with its "power" ??? just curious ;)

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
There is a really nice bull guard OEM from Nissan that matches the nerf bars and roof rack. I like it but they are expensive and hard to find used.

I do not like grill guards as they do not fit a clean look I like on the truck. IMO

The torque of the v6 is good. The power up high is sluggish (you need to step on it hard to get around people on the highway). Other than that it's a good truck.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Is this what you are talking about or one that goes around the headlights and all? This one appears stock and does match the roof rack. It was on mine when I bought it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Is this what you are talking about or one that goes around the headlights and all? This one appears stock and does match the roof rack. It was on mine when I bought it.
That is the one I am talking about.

You selling it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get an off road bumper, or fab up a light bar. I don't think a grill guard's really help that much.
I'm looking for something that will help if some idiot flies around a corner and hits me dead on.. Which has happened and we had a grille guard on it (old Wrangler). So when you say a off road bumper - isnt that the same exact thing as a grille guard? If not, please send me a link to somewhere, b/c I couldn't find the difference on google/ebay. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
I'm looking for something that will help if some idiot flies around a corner and hits me dead on.. Which has happened and we had a grille guard on it (old Wrangler). So when you say a off road bumper - isnt that the same exact thing as a grille guard? If not, please send me a link to somewhere, b/c I couldn't find the difference on google/ebay. Thanks
It sounds like you want an off road bumper then. Here's the difference:

Grill Guard VVVVV

Off Road Bumper VVVVV

Not sure exactly what companies make the bumpers for first gens though. I'm sure some one who knows more about it will be along shortly to chime in.

·
Registered
68 Posts
No this thing is to ugly to sell. Honestly I think they are ugly but its on there so I guess it will stay. I think they look fine on lifted trucks with big wheels and tires. But not stock trucks. Or they look good on trucks with "Ain't Skeered" license plates along with Yosimidy Sam mud flaps. lol

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts