Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, was not sure where to post this, as I am new to this forum. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with these? I do not mind paying someone to install it, as I probably want it done professionally. Has anyone done this without any warranty issues? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
124 Posts
You shouldn't have any warranty issues. Most bull bars I've seen for our trucks use the front tow hook locations for mounting. Pretty easy install for most, it is convenient to have a helper hold the bar while someone is installing the bolts and hardware. Bull bars can somewhat help with frontal impacts, but most people I hear from say they are damage multipliers because they simply bend back into your bumper, grill, and hood during a collision and actually can cause more damage than there might of been. That's why I'm saving my pennies for more reliable armor, in my case an aftermarket steel bumper.

That being said, they can look cool and it's a convenient place to mount aftermarket lighting if you want. To each his own, if you want one, get one. and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks so much for that information. I know they look cool, but I thought they help protect the vehicle as well - shows you what I know LOL.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,358 Posts
I have had a couple bull bars on my truck for 10 years now. They do help save your bumper on the small to medium bumps - anything that will supposedly "multiply" means you are going to have damage without it anyways. I have smashed lots of stumps, rocks, walls while turning, and who knows what else with my bull bar and if I didn't have it on, my plastic bumper would probably have ripped and caused fender damage. I don;t buy the internet myth they do more damage than good.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I think I am going to get one anyways and thanks for your input. I do not know why I am so hesitant. I guess because it is still so new :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts