Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought my first frontier and so far I really like it. I used to drive an '81 vw rabbit pickup which I truly loved, but with a family just isn't practical.

Anyways, this old girl didn't come with a tow package, and though I have no need at the moment, I'd like the availability of having a mount if it comes up. As I mentioned I've got a growing family so if I can save some cash I will.

Before I go too far I should mention that I am a d1.1 certified structural welder and have access to everything I need to do this and honestly would consider it a fun easily project.

But I am aware of the liability issues/concerns when it comes to things like this and wanted to hear others opinions before I take it on.

Also I wanted to see if some of you guys could provide me some details. Mainly, the approximate height it should sit off the ground/under the frame and how far back. Plus anything else you might find pertinent.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
Don't think liability will be a problem unless it fails and causes problems. I built hitches but not the whole receiver. To easy and cheap to buy.
Don't have one on the Frontier so no opinion on height etc.

·
Registered
76 Posts
New ones are like 100-$130, and liability comes in if they fail, and what caused the fail. USA is sue happy, so IDK if its worth the trouble.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts