Nissan Frontier Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
The tire salesman called. The tires will not arrive until Thursday. :(

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My son called this morning to tell me a leaf on his '17 Tacoma's rear springs broke. He removed the broken leaf and tightened the u-bolts and limped into work. He doesn't want to drive it that way.
I'm going to meet him when he gets off work with my truck and a car trailer, to carry it to my place. I'll be letting him use my Frontier for his transportation until he gets his Taco back on the road.

Story:
Last summer, we replaced the Toyota factory leaf springs with 63" long Chevy 1/2 ton spring packs(to give the suspension more travel). He removed the overload springs out of the packs before installation(figuring the ride might be too harsh). He's been doing some off-roading and my have put undue stress on the remaining two leaves. He ordered a new set of spring packs(both sides), but they won't be delivered until next week.

So, needless to say, it doesn't look like I'll have the taller tires installed until the wife and I get back from our vacation(Utah/Wyoming/Idaho trip). :rolleyes:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Last Friday, I designed(on-line) and ordered a pair of rear fender lettering. They arrived today.
The overall size is 3" X 10".

These were ordered through DIY Lettering @ doityourselflettering.com

I'll install them tomorrow and post a couple pics.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That 2 7/8 front lift. Is that the way they came of did you adjust them like that? I've read on prgs site they come with 3" of lift. With the extended travel ones.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Eagle, thats pretty kickin, I never saw somebody custom-up a sticker set like that, but the mashup of Pro4 and SV actually really works here. Looks good, kudos. I had a Pro4 set made up last spring for my Pro, from a vinyl cutter on EBay, mine look basically stock but I swapped out the yellow for red cause I'm going red on silver for the accents, the brake calipres will be next.

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
That 2 7/8 front lift. Is that the way they came of did you adjust them like that? I've read on prgs site they come with 3" of lift. With the extended travel ones.
I did not adjusted anything as of yet. I’ll be having my new wheels and tires installed next week, along with an alignment.
I plan to drive it a couple weeks before doing any adjustments.

Sorry for the late reply. Wife and I have been traveling Utah, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming; and the cell service is spotty. We fly back Saturday and will be logging in then .

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I dropped off my new wheels this morning at the tire dealer. They're going to install new TPMS's, mount and balance. When I show up tomorrow, all they'll have to do it install them, then do the alignment.

I removed the front mud flaps and valance in preparation. I'm bringing my heat gun just in-case the inner fenders need finessing. ;)

Pics to follow.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
I did a couple more personalized things this morning.

Removed the "SV 4X4" chrome emblems from the right side of the tailgate and applied Black Plasti Dip to the "FRONTIER" emblem.
Excuse the hay on the bumper. Granddaughter and I went to a friend's farm earlier to pick up bales of hay, to make a Harvest/Halloween Display on the front lawn. :p

Installed black 4X4 emblems on the front doors.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
Sliders from 4xinnovations arrived yesterday.
I didn't have time to unpack then, as the wife and I were doing yard work for most of the day.

They're pre-assembled with the kick-out. The mounting plate and outriggers will need to be set in place, in the position to my licking, then tacked, removed and welded. Priming and painting before installation.
I'll post pics of the installation later.

Below is a pic of the same sliders installed on another truck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Would be interested in your thoughts on those tires once you've had them a bit (road noise, how they do in the wet, etc). Have been considering those for my next set, have heard good things about them; I like that they're more of an all-terrain when most 255 tires are based on mud terrains. First time I've seen any on a Frontier, do you have any photos from the front or rear?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Would be interested in your thoughts on those tires once you've had them a bit (road noise, how they do in the wet, etc). Have been considering those for my next set, have heard good things about them; I like that they're more of an all-terrain when most 255 tires are based on mud terrains. First time I've seen any on a Frontier
I'll report back after a while of use.
They are considered a Hybrid tire.

do you have any photos from the front or rear?
I'll snap pics and post later.

Web page

Below is a note from the manufacturer.

The Courser CXT was designed as a premium light-truck commercial traction tire that provides trusted all-terrain performance with enhanced off-road durability. The CXT features variable full-depth siping and a silica-rich tread compound for enhanced wet and winter traction.

siping = Siping is the process of cutting thin slits across the surface of a tire to improve traction for driving in snowy, wet or icy conditions. Siping can also help manage tire heat when the road is overly hot.

silica-rich = A tire having a tread intended for winter performance comprised cis 1,4-polybutadiene rubber (BR) and specialized solution polymerization prepared high vinyl styrene/butadiene rubber (HVS-SBR). Such tire tread is comprised of a compatible rubber blend of at least 40 phr of the BR in combination the HVS-SBR together with reinforcing filler composed of precipitated silica with a low BET nitrogen surface area and, optionally, rubber reinforcing carbon black. A disulfide silane based silica coupler is used to aid in coupling the precipitated silica to the elastomers. Compatibility of the combination of the BR with a relatively low glass transition temperature (Tg) of −100° C. or lower and the HVS-SBR with a relatively high Tg of at least 30° C. or higher, and therefore spaced apart Tg's of at least 70° C. is promoted by the high vinyl content of the HVS-SBR in a range of from about 40 to about 50 percent based upon its polybutadiene portion.

↑ whatever that means ↑

41 - 58 of 58 Posts