Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needed to replace my rear bumper due to a little bit of rust. I decided to go the budget route as I couldn't find a good used bumper for what I believed to be a fair price. Used a couple of scrap 2x6s that I had laying around. I don't think it turned out too bad considering.

Old:

New:

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Wow, alot of rust

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
337 Posts
Wow, alot of rust

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro
My rear bumper was the same way, did a rockauto replace a few years ago. Not bad looking for a econo route.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Can't believe how rotten your old bumper was, I hope the spare tire area doesn't also look like that

I need a new one but I want one of the chrome ones from the early 1st gen, they don't make them for the 01+

The mounting points are the same but I need to figure out if the body lines line up good

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't believe how rotten your old bumper was, I hope the spare tire area doesn't also look like that

I need a new one but I want one of the chrome ones from the early 1st gen, they don't make them for the 01+

The mounting points are the same but I need to figure out if the body lines line up good
The bumper is definitely the worst, but the underside of the bed doesn't look great.

·
Registered
204 Posts
was looking at a chrome one on rockauto the other day. around 250 with brackets. Only 50 more than the black one.

·
Registered
204 Posts
It was listed with the 2001 parts I was looking at, you should check it out.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If my truck still looked presentable I would've shelled out the money for a new bumper, but I have a blue frontier so all the paint is falling off of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts