Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picture request for those who helped/watched. Thanks again for those who helped, especially Nizmut.

Took these pictures right after i took the uppers arms off to lube them up and grind some of the coil bucket (rib/lip). No noise from the arms whatsoever, i'm pretty happy about that. The SAWs are not on yet, i'll probably get them on before the Mojave meet. Still need to add zerk fittings, was to lazy to completely pull the arms off to drill the arms...i'll probably end up doing this with the SAWs. Other than that, i'm done, until the coil bucket fails.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
looks good dude thanks for putin up the pics how is it off road u like it ??

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It's a lot better, even without the SAWs. The Swap soaks up most of the whoops. Some of the whoops at the beach were to big for the mid travel.

Uploading a couple more pictures. Just realized the driver side coil bucket grind needs to be smoothened out. The grind on the passenger side looks real nice.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Looks sick!

side note: what was your user name?

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
It's a lot better, even without the SAWs. The Swap soaks up most of the whoops. Some of the whoops at the beach were to big for the mid travel.

Uploading a couple more pictures. Just realized the driver side coil bucket grind needs to be smoothened out. The grind on the passenger side looks real nice.
this may be a stupid question but what did you have to grind on the coilbucket???i musthave missed that part:)

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

The SLR arms were real close from touching the lip/rib of the coil bucket, and worried that it will actually hit after i put on the SAWs.

The grind job looks nasty, i'm gonna have to smoothen it out before i do anymore off roading.

Between, the truck sits real low in the front. It's like i lost everything the 2.5" spacer used to give me.

sick man! Truck looks good. Nice to see you finally got the swap completed.
Do the tires rub on the top of the fenders often while wheeling?
Nope. The factory bump stops still work with the Titan LCAs.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
when u get the saws on there should be good to go though when u supposed to get the toppers??

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
It looks good so far.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll get the toppers when Nizmut sends them to me. I also need the Un-alignment spacers from Greg, then i should be able to install them.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
man pretty soon im not gonna be able to keep up with any of you guys

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
man pretty soon im not gonna be able to keep up with any of you guys
Lol. Use your 2.0s and get extended axles for $450 with LCA and UCA for ~$150 + Extended brake/cv $150, and your good to go. Like we discussed at the meet, No point of going with 2.5 since 4wd can only get 10" of travel. Save up $750 and we can do another titan swap meet :p. Your Uppers will rack in atleast $350...then all you'll need to save is $400 :ugogirl:

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
yeah but i think im gonna stay a little closer to stock till my waranty is gone then i might do all that cause if i have all those titan parts and aftermarket 4wd shafts if i blow my front diff they might not warranty it :)

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Very nice! Do you know what misalignment spacers Greg is using?
custom, he said.

yeah but i think im gonna stay a little closer to stock till my waranty is gone then i might do all that cause if i have all those titan parts and aftermarket 4wd shafts if i blow my front diff they might not warranty it :)
True, the front diff worries me too.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Looks great. 2 stupid question. What are toppers, and where were you going to add the zurks.
Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts