Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone,

I'm trying to find a set of wheels in the range of bronze or a burnt bronze colored finish. I'm not looking for anything crazy, factory 16" size is fine. I'm curious if anyone else is running a wheel in this color and if so what wheel and where'd you find it?

My search is not locating a lot of option. Thanks for any suggestions!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Good looking wheel options are fairly limited for the Frontier unfortunately... I know Level 8 sells a set that are Gold (see link) but I feel like that isn't exactly what you are looking for. You can always buy a set and then take them to a powdercoater and get them refinished but that could potentially double the cost. Or for the super expensive option you could get a set of custom Fifteen 52 Turbomac HD's! ::grin::

Hope this helps.

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-wheels/level-8-mk6/p/16131

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good looking wheel options are fairly limited for the Frontier unfortunately... I know Level 8 sells a set that are Gold (see link) but I feel like that isn't exactly what you are looking for. You can always buy a set and then take them to a powdercoater and get them refinished but that could potentially double the cost. Or for the super expensive option you could get a set of custom Fifteen 52 Turbomac HD's! ::grin::

Hope this helps.

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-wheels/level-8-mk6/p/16131
I did see that set. From the online images they do look awfully gold........

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've seen those rims in person on a deep red / burgundy crew cab. Looked damn good. They weren't too gold looking. I'd consider that for my truck even though I'm not a big fan of gold.

·
Registered
501 Posts
2ata,

What color is your truck?
I was eyeing up the bronze mk6 for my gun metallic fronty.
I saw this gray forerunner with them and liked the color combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
501 Posts
I remember seeing some subies with that combo.
Will definitely be sharp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
You can always just buy a set and paint them.

That's what I did.

They're subburst gold not bronze, but you get the idea.

I've seen several tacomas with bronze TE37s and they look phenomenal.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Here is the video the folks at PlastiDip did for bronze. Skip to 5:30 mark for the best results. Matte camo brown with bronze metalizer over it. It looks pretty good

https://youtu.be/rOtQ320LzyY

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well... I decided to give the Level 8's a try. They'll be wrapped with BFG KO2's. Going in on Saturday morning. I'll work on getting some pics up afterwards.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Finally got these installed last night.

These wheels with 265/75r16 KO2's mounted do cause tire rub when at 3/4 or more turn.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pics? ::smile::
Hopefully I'll get some up tonight or tomorrow. After 14 hours at the hospital and 3.5 hours a the tire shop (yes you read that right 3.5 hours) on top of trauma call last night I haven't accomplished much else....lol

·
Registered
185 Posts
Damn! Looks great!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts