Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are two electrical connectors on my rear diff. The clamp that holds the harness leading to the diff came off and as a result the two wires on the gray connector broke off. I'm guessing they are for activating the locker.

Can some one please explain what each connector is for.

see picture
Dam wires broke off inside the connector so I can't solder them back on. Gona have to search every junk yard known to man in order to find this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
you should try digging the copper piece out of the plug and solder it back on then stuff it back in, might save you some dollars.

Do you get into Maine much? I don't have anyone to go 4wheelin with...

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
can't you eliminate the plug and splice the 2 wires together?
Or as mentioned above you can remove the pins to solder back together.
or buy male/female terminals and make new connections.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
one plug actuates the diff, the other tells you when it is engaged. Don't remember which is which. I would do as suggested above. What is there to loose, it is already broke.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
simplest sollution will be to go spend about $5 at auto zone and get new connectors to put on
Really? Autozone never crossed my mind....didn't know they sold that kind of stuff. I'll give them a try...thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you should try digging the copper piece out of the plug and solder it back on then stuff it back in, might save you some dollars.

Do you get into Maine much? I don't have anyone to go 4wheelin with...
Sorry, don't get up their that much...
I was in Camden a few weeks ago. It was nice..a little sleepy.
That was the first time I've been to ME in over 2 years. Haven't done any wheelin in a long long time. New GF has two kids so that keeps me pretty busy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts