Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've now only had the truck a month, and can't stand the seat. Is this seat broken, because it sure does feel like it. Any advice before I head back to the dealership looking for a seat replacement.. Maybe it me, but I'm only 180Lbs
Thx
***Updated***
I guess I was looking for info...the gap in the seat between the two pieces seems bent I actually lean to the right and the passages seat doesn't have the same gap. Is it just me...
Here's a updated photo of what I'm looking at and feeling, I think it's the seat but it could be me. This is fully extended forward not pushed back. I also tried showing the difference between the passenger and driver seat both at equal positions.
Thx

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
I've now only had the truck a month, and can't stand the seat. Is this seat broken, because it sure does feel like it. i Any advice before I head back to the dealer looking for a seat replacement.. Maybe it me but I'm only 180Lbs
Thx
I have the same seat. What is wrong with yours or are you just not comfortable in it? I got used to mine but when I first sat in it I felt there should be some lumbar adjustments.

·
Registered
354 Posts
This reminds me of a post I read in the Dodge Ram forum back when I had one.

A guy was complaining that that because his foot was so fat, when he tried to step
on the accelerator, his foot would hit the brake too.

He was demanding that Chrysler redesign their entire line of vehicles to accomodate
his fat foot rather than he have to have a vehicle customized for his special needs.

Because it was discrimination to design a vehicle to accommodate 99.9% of the
population while expecting 0.1% to pay extra to modify them for they're needs.

The dealer told me that the "jump seats" in the rear were serviceable... Not so.

I had to completely replace the bench seat in my Isuzu P'up back in the 80's
because it was unbearable on trips more than 50 miles. Never occurred to me to
demand the dealer give me new ones that suite me.

Anyway... what's not right with your seat? Too high, too low? Too soft... hard?
too far forward... back?

·
Super Moderator
10,403 Posts
I'm 182 pounds and find the seats very comfortable. The last three of my 5 Frontiers and my Pathfinder have the same seats and all of the vehicles have made numerous trips from NJ to Florida and back, I even drove nonstop except for gas and bathroom breaks from Palm Beach to north jersey last May (had to get home quick) and other than being VERY tired I was confortable and I'm 59 years old.
Maybe you need to adjust it a little each time to find that sweet spot.

Clint

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also have a '16 SV, I weigh about 210 and I find the seats to be pretty comfortable. Took my truck on a 7 hour road trip last month and I never really got uncomfortable at any point.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Seats are subjective... I had a 2014 SV with cloth seats and could drive all day with no problems. I now have a SL with power leather seats and find them comfortable also... Part of choosing a car/truck is driving it and determining ergonomics and comfort. If it doesn't work don't buy it.

Sadly no seats are going to work for everyone. Good luck.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Seats in both the cloth pro4x and the leather pro4x have been super comfortable but on those the seat pan is adjustable. I take it yours isn't?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Here's a updated photo of what I'm looking at and feeling, I think it's the seat but it could be me, This is fully extended forward not pushed back. I also tried showing the difference between the passenger and driver seat both at equal positions

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
Looks off to me. I had a brand new office chair that was slightly tweaked. And though it doesn't look like much, hours sitting slightly out of alignment can give a person some serious issues.

Best bet is hope someone with the same seats takes a look at theirs and if no luck there take a look in the dealers lot at the same truck.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I am 245 and came from rather bolsterous set of seats that had height and lumbar adjustments. Both things my frontier does not have. The seats were very uncomfortable to me when i first got the truck. After an 11 hour trip i got used to them. I also have an SV though. They are not fantastic but my back does not hurt the 3 times ive made 10+ hr trips

·
Registered
338 Posts
Here's a updated photo of what I'm looking at and feeling, I think it's the seat but it could be me, This is fully extended forward not pushed back. I also tried showing the difference between the passenger and driver seat both at equal positions
That doesn't look right. I don't think I have that huge gap between the seat and back. I would definitely have the dealer look at it. Before you talk to them I would pop my head into a couple other frontiers on the lot to compare. Because I am sure the first thing the tech will say when you get there is "that is normal" LOL.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That doesn't look right. I don't think I have that huge gap between the seat and back. I would definitely have the dealer look at it. Before you talk to them I would pop my head into a couple other frontiers on the lot to compare. Because I am sure the first thing the tech will say when you get there is "that is normal" LOL.
That's why I came here first.. if the community says I'm crazy; so be it.. If i have a good argument then I'm off to the dealership.. Besides it's a new truck and maybe I missed some kind of easy adjustment.

·
Premium Member
6,065 Posts
Looks a tad askew to me. Can you take any bilateral measurements from common landmarks front to back for comparison's sake? Do the same for the passenger seat, too. As you sit in it, if the left side is farther from the steering wheel than the right, then you may/might experience fatigue/discomfort during extended drive-times.
How does the passenger seat feel to you comfort-wise?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Why don't you go to a dealer and find a truck with the same seats yours has and compare. Then if there is something wrong with yours you can point it out to them while you are there. I agree with others the seats in my 2012 Pro-4X are very comfortable even for 600 or 700 mile days.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I've noticed that the sv seats (maybe others as well) can latch in different positions on each side of the seat. I actually like mine to be skewed to one side or the other. Just because how my hips and back are.
Sit in the seat, and pull the lever. While doing this grab the back side of the seat on the left side, and pull it forward while not allowing the right side to move.
This may help, and that's what I do in mine.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Its new, ask them. If the dealer blows you off, don't do business with them and take it to another dealer. If they take you seriously, check it was assembled right, give you a comparison with another truck on the lot, they're worth doing business with. The customer isn't always right, but must always be taken seriously till they show themselves to not be serious.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
My '15 seat has done the same thing. I frequently spend 8 to 10 hrs in it and have noticed it, I don't find the seat uncomfortable, have shown mine to Nissan, they say it's some what normal.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You can't compare the driver and passenger seats. The passenger seat has the fold-flat option, where the driver's side does not. The bottom pan and gaps are definitely different.

d7k8 mentioned the issue I have when I adjust the seat while my right elbow is on the center console. I'm 6'1", 175lbs, and have to lean over to maintain contact with the center console. If I'm leaning to one side, the seat back doesn't always stay even as it leans forward and back along the incremental track of pegs/slots. I didn't realize how bad this could happen until I sat in the back seat while my son held the handle up.... I could twist the seat back more than a couple pegs/slots out of alignment. Also, try making sure to pull the adjustment handle all the way up and keep the chair still while you let go. It seems like the torsion in the handle allows the closer track to be adjusted before you pull the handle all the way upward. Comparably, the closer track can be adjusted for a longer period of time while letting go of the handle.

I don't mean to judge, because people use their trucks in different ways, but it looks like your seat is pretty dirty for only being a month old. Maybe it's a shadow in the pic? ...or maybe your truck was a holdover that was used as a demo? If it was used as a dealer's demo vehicle, I would use that as ammo when you go in, if you can't get the alignment right as described by d7k8.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The truck had 12miles on it when I took delivery, plus the production date wa 9/16.. maybe a late model rush job from the factory.. everything else about the truck is great.

Thanks everyone for all the great info..

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Looks wrong. I'm 230lbs and my seats are comfortable.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts