Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here. I have a '98. I can't find the specific one anywhere. There's 4 for my year but I need the 14725F4501(Federal emissions Auto trans). I've looked all over and can't seem to find what I need. Maybe someone can steer me in the correct direction. Also, is there a big difference between each EGR tube, for this year(if anyone knows)? Just thinking I might be able to possibly use another with some rigging.

This lawnmower noise is driving me crazy!

·
Registered
169 Posts
It doesn't look like any tubes are available. Where is the pipe broken? Will the old part unscrew from the EGR valve and the exhaust manifold? If so maybe you could repair it. Junk yard is another possibility, especially in dry, western states.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's broke right after the fitting at the exhaust manifold, so I can't repair it. I'll need to heat the fitting to remove The old one out of the manifold. The fitting at the EGR valve shouldn't be an issue. I live in Pennsylvania btw. Every junkyard here seems to be pull-your-own and I'll need a portable torch, which I don't have. I wonder if a butane torch would work?

·
Registered
169 Posts
MAPP gas. Pricey but worth it. You may want to take a look at car-part.com and see if a tube is available from an AZ/NM/NV/CO junkyard.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The junkyards here are all pull-your-own and I'd be lucky if they even knew what vehicles they have. Looks like I'll be searching high and low for this holy grail of stainless steel.
Call the junkyards and ask them for an EGR valve with the tube attached.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts