Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to get these 921 bulbs in a higher wattage.Stock is 18 watts and thats not bright enough,i need more light.Thanks

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought some LEDs for my last car and they sucked.I'm not telling you what to do but save your money for something better. :)

·
MOD & Token MINI Owner
2,296 Posts
Frontier2 said:
I bought some LEDs for my last car and they sucked.I'm not telling you what to do but save your money for something better. :)
The LED's are really cool lookin' and very brite , but I've got a friend with a Jeep wrangler with LED's and has had nothing but problems with them. They do look sweet though!

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The LEDs that i got said that they were super bright and they were half the brightness of a stock bulbs.I got burned once,i'd have to see it in person before i buy LEDs again.Good Luck with yours. :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
I had a set of reverse lights mounted under my last nissan,s bumpers.Worked great....I will be doing this mod soon to my new truck.
You can just buy a set of clear foglights from any parts store and use them.I actually had KC hilites on my old truck....they had a backup light kit available.
It is not legal to have a switch on it though ,in my state.You are supposed to hook it to the reverse light circuit,so they only come on in reverse.( Can't blind tailgaters 8O )
I will take my chances with the switch.... :roll: I like the lights for hooking up a trailer in the dark,too......Or loading a boat or ATV up :D
Jay

·
Registered
538 Posts
Nismo4me
Where do the lights mount exactly?
do you have a picture of that set up?
I would like to do this as well.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Nismo4me,

I agree with kansasfrontier, I too would like to see pictures of the lights. it sounds like a very good modification. I doubt you would ever get caught with the switch unless you used it to blind the idiot behind you with high beams in your face.

I guess that lets me out on the switch because I would definitely use the lights to retali-
ate.

OkieScot

·
Registered
492 Posts
On my 2001 SEDR I put some Pilot Navigator backup lights on my hitch. Worked very well

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had to add some on my last car cause the back up lights sucked. I put 100 watt bulbs in them to make them brighter.If i can't find brighter bulbs,then i guess add ons will do.

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Theres also something that slides into the hitch and hooks up to the trailer lights harness. It has 2 reverse lights IIRC. I've never seen it in person, but in theory should work pretty well and wouldnt be ripped off easily offroad. I think there is also one you can get so that you can also keep you trailer hitch in while you have the lights in. I seem to remember stylin' concepts carrying it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
so its been almost a year anyone find brighter backup lights?

I even tried turning on my bed lights but it does not help

·
Registered
456 Posts
i want the ones like the cadillacs DTS has them they r bright n blue they look so awesome n they drive nice 2.......

·
Registered
2,656 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I opted to add a set of Pilot clear lights under the rear bumper of my Ranger with a switch on the dash. They worked out great. Added plenty of light even with the dark tinted windows. Were also bright enough to annoy tailgaters or get someones attention behind you. I plan to put a set on the Fronty this spring. Costs about $30 max. Take some extra time to seal the wiring at the back of the lights though. I went through a couple sets because of moisture getting in through the wiring.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I swapped my back up light sockets with my turn signals,this is not a quick swap some hole drilling required with new sockets for the back up lights.Now my back up lights have larger reflectors and larger bulbs at 27 watts each instead of !8 watts,its better but still needs more light.I have a better chance with the 3156 bulbs than the 921 looking for higher wattage bulbs.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Frontier2, any chance you took picture of this conversion?
Good idea by the way...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts