Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Opinions Please: Bridgestone P265/70R16 vs. P265/75R16

Hi All,

I've been researching the forums and I know our trucks can take the P265/75R16 on stock rims (since that's what the Pro4x comes standard with). My question is... what's the better of the two size options? What are your opinions?

I have no plans to do a lift and my truck is mostly stock. I do like the look of a little larger tire but is it really that noticable? Would I be better off sticking with the stock P265/70R16 size?

Costco is having a sale on Bridgestones so I am thinking of either the "Bridgestone - Dueler H/L Alenza Plus" or "Bridgestone - Dueler A/T REVO 2 (eco)". I'm in Florida and don't really do offroading. The occasional gravel road is my biggest adventure. :)

Thoughts on these options?

Thanks! ::smile::

·
Registered
209 Posts
I will go to the 75s once I wear out my stock 70s on a 2017 Truck. The reason for me is I like to fill the tire well up. And my Speedometer is actually set forth the 75’s. I’m 3 miles an hour off at 60 miles an hour. Run in the 70s there’s no disadvantage except long-term mileage on your speedo will be more than what is actually showing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I think there might be a possible rub especially when the spring are compressed... let me know... I have the PRO4X with the Hankook tires... P265/75R16 is whats on now..... I wouldn't mind going maybe one more tire size bigger.... but haven't had any problems yet

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think there might be a possible rub especially when the spring are compressed... let me know... I have the PRO4X with the Hankook tires... P265/75R16 is whats on now..... I wouldn't mind going maybe one more tire size bigger.... but haven't had any problems yet
Most of the posts I see say that the 75r16 will have no rub since it?s the same as the Pro4x. If I am wrong, let me know.

Outside of that, I?d like to get some pros and cons for each from people who have had both? Also, reviews on the specific Bridgestones I mentioned are appreciated. :)

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
265/75s will fit fine. However the Nismo comes with lower gears to handle the taller tire. 31 vs 32".

Going to a taller heavier tire will have the following effect:

Cons.
Less MPG
Slower accleration
If you run chains will have to run S clearance chains in the front
Some people do not like the stuffed looked.
Spare tire will be mis matched. Bad for the diff and VDC.

Pros
More ground clearance
Rolls over obstacles easier
Some people like the stuffed looked
Speedo calibration more accurate
More tires to chose from. 265/75/16 use to be the standard full size truck tire size.
Lower engine RPM as cruising speed

·
Registered
544 Posts
There will be NO rub for the 265/75 in place of the 265/70 tires. The P4X has no EXTRA lift over the SV or SL it gets its lift from the tires being 1" taller...

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
MY BADZ!!! I totally thought you had a Pro4x.... anyways.... im going to get an OME suspension and go with a bigger tire at some point later on

·
Registered
544 Posts
Pros
More ground clearance
Rolls over obstacles easier
Some people like the stuffed looked
Speedo calibration more accurate
More tires to chose from. 265/75/16 use to be the standard full size truck tire size.
Lower engine RPM as cruising speed
The underlined items sold it for me... My speedo is spot on 100 % in agreement with my GPS and the selection of tires was absolutely huge...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi All,

I've been researching the forums and I know our trucks can take the P265/75R16 on stock rims (since that's what the Pro4x comes standard with). My question is... what's the better of the two size options? What are your opinions?

I have no plans to do a lift and my truck is mostly stock. I do like the look of a little larger tire but is it really that noticable? Would I be better off sticking with the stock P265/70R16 size?

Costco is having a sale on Bridgestones so I am thinking of either the "Bridgestone - Dueler H/L Alenza Plus" or "Bridgestone - Dueler A/T REVO 2 (eco)". I'm in Florida and don't really do offroading. The occasional gravel road is my biggest adventure. :)

Thoughts on these options?

Thanks! ::smile::
My 2015 Desert Runner came with Hankook Dynapro AT-M 265/75/16 and Bilstein "offroad" shocks OEM new off the showroom floor. Every once in awhile my tires will rub when at full lock (turn) and hitting a bump... I do like the look of my OEM rims (Pro4x/Desert Runner) and Hankook Dynapro AT-M 265/75/16 much better than the regular alloy rims and 265/70/16. That's why I went with the Desert Runner instead of the SV... 27,000+ miles on the tires and it looks like it'll get another 20,000 easily..YMMV

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the feedback. Think I am leaning toward the Dueler Revo's in 265/75/16. Can anyone tell me how much this will affect my gas mileage? I realize there will be some drop but will it be noticeable? What about the handling? Will the ride be smoother or rougher?

Thanks all!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts