Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, I have a brand new Rough Country Speedometer Calibrator for sale. I was going to be a guinea pig and try this on a 2016 but I'm going a different route with my tires so I won't be needing this at all. I'm told this is the same thing as the more expensive HyperTech unit.

Paid $150 for this before they discontinued it. For sale now for $130 shipped.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Do you have any idea how this works. Is it self calibrating or do we drive with it attached for a while then send it in to RC for an exchange of some type of calibrated unit?
Thanks

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Once you download the software to the unit, you plug this into your car behind the speedometer. This works inline to the speedometer and remains in the car for as long as you want/need the calibration.

·
Premium Member
2019 Glacier PRO-4X 5AT
150 Posts
Do you have any idea how this works. Is it self calibrating or do we drive with it attached for a while then send it in to RC for an exchange of some type of calibrated unit?
Thanks
As said above, you plug it into the computer and program the correction factor, then you plug it into a wiring harness that you insert between the gauge and factory gauge plug. I've been running the Hypertech version for a year now and it works great. I'm running it on stock settings for now and will change it later when I change stuff. If I need to reprogram, I left it dangling up in the dash so I can quickly unplug, take to the computer, reprogram, and reinstall. Easy as can be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts