Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello do the 2nd gen Frontiers normally have a soft brake pedal or do I have a problem? Seems like I have to push really hard or even double pump to get stopping power. please help. Is my ABS motor bad maybe?

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
What year gen 2?

My ‘19 SL pedal is plenty firm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: SpeedJD

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Hello do the 2nd gen Frontiers normally have a soft brake pedal or do I have a problem? Seems like I have to push really hard or even double pump to get stopping power. please help. Is my ABS motor bad maybe?
ABS no. You may have a little air in the system, and check your pads for remaining friction material.

·
Registered
2019 SV Midnight "White" Edition
7 Posts
The brakes on my 19 are a bit spongy but no issues stopping and no double pump. I've only had it since April this year but test drove several and they all seemed to be about the same.

·
Super Moderator
11,399 Posts
How old are your brakes? Have you ever swapped the fluid out?

Clint

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
I have a 14 and have changed pads twice now, the pedal's very good and hauls down with no issues at all. I see some folk on here going to bigger brakes, expensive master cylinder cross-swap-outs, etc, and wonder, unless they're Formula car racing, why? Something can't be right if they're having that much issue with brakes and pedal feel. I'm thinking poor bleed from the factory or after a major servicing, or terrible choices in pad materials.

Reactions: Longbedlife

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Some of this all depends on what your previous or other car's brakes feel like. One persons firm is another's mushy. The need to pump twice doesn't sound right though. Many people do not pay much attention to their cars in general. I find the most common cause of braking issues are: 1-worn brake pads. 2- Low brake fluid causing the system to intake air when cornering/braking.3-calipers that are not sliding right, or pads that are wearing unevenly causing poor pad and rotor contact.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts