1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
newbie here
got a question

sometimes when it hit the brakes if feels like the brake pedal pulsates
dont do it all the time just somtimes have taken it to a shop and they said they dont see nothing wrong

what do you guys think it could be

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
can you go into the situations that it has done this to you? and also is the entire truck shaking or pulsating with it or are you just feeling it in the brakes? also what year truck you have. the 2005 and up trucks have a very computer active brake system that monitors a good amount of things while braking, brake temp, individual wheel speed, overall vehicle speed, how fast you press the brake pedal, how hard you press the pedal, and if you have VDC it will also take into account steering wheel angle and readings from a G sensor. if the computer notices you press the pedal very quickly like one would do when they need to suddenly slow down if it thinks you may not have applied enough brake pressure (which people often do in that situation) it will increase the brake pressure to help you slow down faster. it will individually apply abs control to each wheel as needed, which you will feel in the pedal and here some grinding noises from under the hood from the pump, it can also redistribute braking force if it notices one brake getting too hot. there is alot going on if its a 2005 and up and if your not feeling the pulsing or shaking in the whole truck or steering wheel chances are is just the computer compensating for the situation and road conditions.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
lol...brake temp sensor? uh...no.....doesn't have one of those.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
lol...brake temp sensor? uh...no.....doesn't have one of those.
uh yeah it does

The ABLS system is always ON unless the
system detects brake pad overheating. If
high brake pad temperature is detected, it
will turn OFF, but normal brake function will
continue.

its mentioned a couple times in the manual but this is the quote i knew i could find the fastest so like i said yes it does monitor brake temp. you can go ahead and insert your foot into your mouth now :nana: i've probably read every manual for these trucks more than the techs have at nissan

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
i had the gtr tech at my local dealership explain the system to me when the new gtrs first came out too cause he knew alot more about all the systems in the vehicles than most of the techs did and the gtr among a few other nissans monitor brake temps too. the sensor isn't on the caliper itself it monitors fluid temps for each wheel to approximate brake temps based on testing during development

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it is an 08 crew cab
like i said i dont feel it all the time most of the time is when im pullin out of or into my driveway and it has some grade to it
and i ONLY feel it in the pedal

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
sounds like its probably just some slight brake redistribution

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
uh yeah it does

The ABLS system is always ON unless the
system detects brake pad overheating. If
high brake pad temperature is detected, it
will turn OFF, but normal brake function will
continue.

its mentioned a couple times in the manual but this is the quote i knew i could find the fastest so like i said yes it does monitor brake temp. you can go ahead and insert your foot into your mouth now :nana: i've probably read every manual for these trucks more than the techs have at nissan
i stand corrected!

·
Registered
374 Posts
What everyone else has said or my guess is its nissians overly crappy ABS system that likes to go nuts when its not really needed. I have driven just about every make and model truck in the last 10 years and never had any of them have such touchy abs systems.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
i stand corrected!
i have said those words many many times myself lol

it truly amazes me that these trucks have so many computer systems on them and how much is really monitored, some of it is really helpful and some of it goes a bit overboard. the abs is defiantly a bit on the touchy pain in the butt side of the spectrum

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you noticed it happening all the time I'd be led to chek our my rotors. Make sure they're now warped. start simple and work your way up.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
i agree with ksbowhunter. check your rotors first make sure they are smooth and up to spec. are they stock? have they been machine-turned?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you noticed it happening all the time I'd be led to chek our my rotors. Make sure they're now warped. start simple and work your way up.
thats what the guy at the nissan place said it might be to
but like i said it dont do it all the time
i think you guys are right its just the touchy ABS computer crap
just asking because i never had a truck act like that

and yes rotors are stock

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had my front rotors replaced as soon as I got it for being warped. It had sat on the lot for ~6-9 months the tech said, so they just replaced 'em.

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
thats what the guy at the nissan place said it might be to
but like i said it dont do it all the time
i think you guys are right its just the touchy ABS computer crap
just asking because i never had a truck act like that

and yes rotors are stock
seeing as you live up in the mountains, i feel i should point out my mom's altima had pretty warped rotors before i changed them out and she could only really feel it when going down hill. sounds like you have a little bit of a warp on your rotors. you can have your rotors turned (shouldn't need to take off much so they'll be fine) and see if it goes away

1 - 15 of 15 Posts