Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Frontier XE 4cyl MANUAL
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am at a dead end with my 09 4 banger 5 spd. Replaced front caliper+pads. Bled brakes, rfront then lfront. Petal went to the floor. Never came up. OK, I had a new master cylinder on the shelf and changed that. Primed the MC as always to get the air out. Installed it, and still no pedal pressure? So, bled all the brakes, Rrear, Lreat, Rfront, Lfront. Petal is not coming up. Just what is up? Do I have a bad MC? Its RockAuto. Never had issues with RA. Is there an issue with the rod that goes into the vacuum assist? No vacuum would cause hard petal so its not that. That the hell?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Had this issue with my Son's 06 Sentra when he did a pad change and then let all the brake fluid drain out of the system. Even after bench bleeding, the pedal would not return. So I opened all the bleeder valves and kept the MC full as it gravity bled itself. Once the air stopped coming out, I shut off the bleeders and then started the two man bleed. At each wheel, the first time the pedal went down, it had to be pulled up but after that it worked OK. After all four wheels done, no more issues. BTW, make sure you unplug the ABS module while bleeding the brakes.

Edit: this is an IIRC answer, it was many years ago.

·
Registered
2009 Frontier XE 4cyl MANUAL
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had this issue with my Son's 06 Sentra when he did a pad change and then let all the brake fluid drain out of the system. Even after bench bleeding, the pedal would not return. So I opened all the bleeder valves and kept the MC full as it gravity bled itself. Once the air stopped coming out, I shut off the bleeders and then started the two man bleed. At each wheel, the first time the pedal went down, it had to be pulled up but after that it worked OK. After all four wheels done, no more issues. BTW, make sure you unplug the ABS module while bleeding the brakes.

Edit: this is an IIRC answer, it was many years ago.
I will try that. Did not know about unplugging the ABS module. Also, I will isolate the MC by disconnecting it from the ABS module, then i will plug the MC holes. The pedal should be strong. If not, the MC is either not bled properly or defective MC. I did go to Scotty and asked him about his also. New ABS module on ebay is about $120. Will try to post fix here if and when it happens. thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts