Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to look in to replacing both on my 06 Fronty 4wd Nismo... I pull an enclosed trailer that weighs about 3500lbs when fully loaded. What would be a good combo that won't break the bank?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
check out EBC's pads and look into get some drilled and slotted rotors for quicker stopping and better heat dissipation over stock. stillen makes some drilled rotors but i don't think they are slotted, the drilled only will increase initial pad bite on the rotors helping with braking and offer some heat dissipation but slotted rotors give the best heat dissipation and do the best job at preventing the glazing that happens on pads during braking that causes brake fade. having both drilled and slotted gives you the best of both worlds though. it is said that the drilled rotors do increase pad wear to some degree but this is to be expected from something that is giving you more bite and stopping power. i think a couple people have drilled and slotted rotors on here but i'm not sure where they got them from. whatever you do, don't go with the cheap companies for drilled rotors cause its the cheap ones made with poor materials that tend to crack.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
R1 concepts, i loved them on my truck towed my XJ a few times with it. They are relatively inexpensive and good quilty. what ever brake rotor you go with, get some high temp black paint and spray the rotor, this makes the none contact areas look better, prevent rust in the holes/slots

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
R1 concepts, i loved them on my truck towed my XJ a few times with it. They are relatively inexpensive and good quilty. what ever brake rotor you go with, get some high temp black paint and spray the rotor, this makes the none contact areas look better, prevent rust in the holes/slots
They are very reasonably priced compared to what I've looked at so far... most places want to sell each rotor individually!!!

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
If you go with the R1s, it has been reported that it is cheaper to do the deal on the phone instead of thru Ebay so it may be worth a quick call.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
R1 Concepts. i tow a 4500lb boat every weekend during the summer and a few times during the winter. never had a problem stopping. plus the drillled and slotted roters look really cool. lol

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked up pads, rotors, drums and shoes for my truck and my wife's corolla and it came to less then $600!!!

·
Registered
390 Posts
I bought some R1Concepts slotted rotors and Posiquiet pads this summer. They've been real solid with no complaints. I got a special discount from buying from their rep that hangs out on this site. I'm sure he'll stop in on this thread and say hi.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does anyone remember the name of the rep from R1Concepts. I would like to order rotors and pads for my truck from him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts