Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my new 2011, I noticed when I hit the brakes, the reverse lights go on. I think it might have to do with the wiring harness, but have not dug into yet. Has anyone seen this issue? I asked the dealer I just bought the truck from and said for xxx dollars, they could figure it out even though IMO, they sold me a dangerous non-functioning vehicle that yes, I should have seen before I bought it.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I asked the dealer I just bought the truck from and said for xxx dollars, they could figure it out even though IMO, they sold me a dangerous non-functioning vehicle
Sucks from dealer, but not overly surprised.

On my new 2011, I noticed when I hit the brakes, the reverse lights go on.
Provide more information: when you turn on ignition and put into reverse, do the reverse lights go on? the brake lights? or nothing? This could be an easy fix.

·
Premium Member
4,957 Posts
What do you mean by "my new 2011"... or do you mean the "new to me" thing?

Anyhow, it's easy to pull the taillamps and bulb sockets to troubleshoot this, just two bolts per side when you lower the tailgate. Try it with the lights off, with the lights on, with the shifter in Reverse, etc. and get back to us with more info.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
What do you mean by "my new 2011"... or do you mean the "new to me" thing?

Anyhow, it's easy to pull the taillamps and bulb sockets to troubleshoot this, just two bolts per side when you lower the tailgate. Try it with the lights off, with the lights on, with the shifter in Reverse, etc. and get back to us with more info.
A few years ago I bought my 2004 brand new used secondhand.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Remember, no "used vehicles" these days. "Pre-owned" is the terms.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts